Job Title: Country Representative
Job Type: Full Time
Status: International Consultant
Scope of Work
- The Country Representative (CR) is the senior iMMAP management position in host country, with supervisory and managerial responsibility for all in-country personnel, programs and policies.
- The CR is responsible for developing the overall iMMAP strategic direction for programming in concert with the iMMAP senior management team and local and international partners.
- S/He is also responsible for developing and implementing systems, policies and procedures for iMMAP operations in country.
- As the iMMAP senior manager in country, the CR is also responsible for financial oversight, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, staff safety and security, human resource management, and representation in the field.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the CR ensures that country program operations meet the highest standard and are supportive of regional and global iMMAP strategies.
Description of Duties
- The Country Representative for Jordan shall work under the direction of the Operations Director and under the global supervision of iMMAP’s Directors and the Chief Executive Officer.
Strategy and Vision:
- Formulate and plan, in consultation with key stakeholders, a clear vision of present and future programme goals and strategies which can be clearly communicated to team members, local beneficiaries, international partners, governmental counterparts, and donors.
- Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve program and organizational objectives.
- Evaluate program priorities within the country and participate in regional prioritization.
- Explore, evaluate and present new country and project funding opportunities that leverage impact and integrate initiatives and activities; support and direct related fund- raising activities with both institutional and private donors.
- Develop and maintain an adequate human resource plan consistent with iMMAP’s policies, including current position descriptions for all iMMAP in country positions, personnel orientation and professional development plans, personnel evaluation system, field personnel policy manual, and personnel grievance procedure system.
- Recruit, manage and motivate an informed, skilled and efficient team with an emphasis on excellence and achievement; encourage a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, incorporating staff development strategies and performance management systems into the team building process.
- Establish leadership and personal credibility with the iMMAP team, and implement and create an organizational culture of accountability, responsibility and quality of services.
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure the programme is based upon sound principles of design and utilise iMMAP and donor required monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Represent the iMMAP country programme with national and international donors, partners, media, and participate in local community activities as appropriate.
- Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP headquarters officers and staff, and external contacts with the Embassies, national and local government officials, international non-governmental organisations (NGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media, and the general public.
Fiscal, Compliance Management and Accountability:
- Coordinate overall country budget; manage budget within approved spending levels and establish an annual cash flow plan to ensure a steady and adequate supply of funds for program activities.
- Oversee budget management of sub-grantees/sub-contractors if any.
- Build and maintain operational structures that ensure proper segregation of duties between finance, administration and logistics and fully support field programs.
- Manage safety and security of the entire iMMAP country team and assets according to best practices, operating standards and field realities.
- Liaise with security officials of the local government and other humanitarian, relief and development stakeholders concerning crucial events, periods of increased risk, incident reporting, and security policy changes.
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Information Science or other relevant fields;
- English (fluent) – essential
- At least 15 years of experience with increasing responsibility in management positions, preferably within the UN or other humanitarian organizations;
- Complete understanding of the UN cluster system and its functioning as well as BHA, ECHO and USAID;
- Proven ability and experience interacting with a wide range of organizations and stakeholders from the UN, donors, clusters, NGOs;
- Experience in emergency relief management and field coordination;
- Knowledge of political, cultural and humanitarian context of Nigeria.
- Strong presentation and communication skills;
- Service orientated and ability to build consensus.
- Ability to understand and adapt to complex and dynamic situations;
- Ability to work in harsh operational environments;
- Takes initiatives, manages own use of time and is self-motivating;
- Self drive, flexibility and creativity.
- Learning as part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that all team members will commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP as well as individual professional development.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of field projects.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Total Years Experience 5-10