Job Title: Corporate and Commercial Lawyer
Job Code: LL/009/CCL
Type: Full Time
- Advising, drafting and negotiating major commercial agreements, including regulated procurement activities, either alone or as part of a team.
- Advising clients of the legal and business implications of proposed transactions, anticipating legal and contractual concerns and devising strategies to resolve them.
- Providing expert advice on Joint Ventures and other partnership arrangements and be capable of drafting all relevant documentation.
- Conducting and concluding contractual negotiations on behalf of various clients.
- Liaising with lawyers in other parts of Legal or elsewhere in the Group to ensure a coordinated input of legal advice to the client.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with key clients.
- Protecting the company interests, by ensuring all necessary checks and investigations are undertaken (e.g. undertaking all necessary due diligence/disclosure exercises as appropriate).
- Responding to court processes that need a reaction at least 72 hours before deadline so as to enable adequate review before filing.
- Ensuring all documentation prepared is error proof, grammatically and in other respect and to this end, at least one other team member must double check prepared processes for accuracy.
- Notifying Clients, subject to supervisor/partners approval of every development in cases assigned to team.
- Reading Judgments and decisions in all cases handled by the firm as such decisions are delivered.
- Advising business units concerning various matters, including product warnings, product use instructions, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Leading or participating in significant internal investigations.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Not less than 10 years active transactional experience and capable of drafting and negotiating complex commercial Agreements such as Gas Plant Agreements, Share Sale and Purchase Agreements, Loan and Banking Agreements. Power Purchase Agreements, Concession Agreements and all other related commercial Agreements.
- Must have worked in the commercial department of a top commercial law firm.
- Must have experience in capital market transactions and experience in drafting related documentation.
- Conversant with preparing documents for capital market transactions e.g. legal documents for capital market transactions.
- Team-working ability.
- Ability to meet up with deadlines.
- Ability to work without supervision.
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in MS Word format only to: [email protected] using “Corporate and Commercial Lawyer” as the subject of the mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!