Job Title: Consultant – Facilitate National Malaria Case Management Document Revision
Employment Type: Part-time
Description of Services to be Performed
The consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Develop a methodology that will guide the entire revision process including workshops agenda, list of participants, and presentations
- Facilitate three separate three-day workshops to revise the training manuals and extract SOPs/job aids respectively and submit workshop reports
- Harmonize feedbacks from workshops and use inputs to develop draft revised documents
- Finalize the proposed agenda and a list of participants and facilitate two separate one-day validation meeting for validating the manuals and SOPs/job aids
- Finalize training manuals and SOP/Job aids with inputs from validation meeting
- Write and submit revision process report
- Workshops’ methodology with proposed agenda, and proposed participant list Reports of Revision and validation workshops Final, and validated copies of revised training manual sets that reflects adult teaching methodology and knowledge retention evaluation tools, extracted SOPs and Job aids.
- Workshop methodology including draft agenda, list of participants and presentations for workshops 1 and 2-revision of training manuals – (2 days)
- Hold consultative meeting with NMEP and submit finalized agenda, list of participants and workshop methodology for workshops 1 and 2 – (2 days)
- Facilitate a three day workshop on revision of training manuals for secondary and tertiary facilities(Case management training manual for health facility-Tutor’s guide, Case management training manual for health facility-Participants’ manual) – (3 days)
- Facilitate a three day workshop on revision of training manuals for PHC (Case management training manual for PHC-Tutor’s guide, Case management training manual for PHC-Participants’ manual) – (3 days)
- Incorporates feedback from workshop, NMEP and MSH to produce draft revised manuals – (10 days)
- Workshop methodology including agenda, list of participants and presentations for workshop 3- extraction/ development of SOPs and job aids – (2 days)
- Facilitate a two day workshop to extract/develop case management SOPs and job aids – (2 days)
- Incorporates feedback from workshop, NMEP and MSH to produce draft SOPs/job aids – (5 days)
- Facilitate a three day workshop to validate case management training manuals, SOPs and job aids (3 days)
- Submit final copies of revised training manuals, extracted, and developed SOP and Job aids (3 days)
- The consultant will report directly to PMI-S Senior Malaria Technical Advisor as well as the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP).
The suitable candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Post-Graduate University/Fellowship degree in Medicine or a related field.
- Deep knowledge and in-depth understanding on malaria case management strategic documents and guidelines, training manuals, SOP and job aids.
- Proven experience in providing in-service trainings at state level, on malaria preferably
- Health tutor’s qualification or proven experience developing at least 4 health training guides/manuals in lieu of the tutors qualification is required
- Demonstrable experience in developing health training materials
- Experience and expertise in facilitating policy document development and review
- Previously engaged or experience working with the NMEP on related assignments
- Excellent note-taking and report writing skills
- High-level communication and facilitation skills to facilitate workshop of this nature
- Demonstrated ability to manage team, collaboration and coordination.
- Fluency in English language (both writing and oral)
- Computer literacy
- Possession of a health tutor qualification will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Submit a recent and updated CV (with 3 professional referees) and a proposed concept note to accomplish the above task and produce the deliverables for the entire process in a single document.
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!