Job Title: Consultant – IBM / Public Policy Expert
Employment Type: Contract (40 working days)
CFCV No.: CFCV2022/11
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the IBM Program Manager, in particular, the consultant will:
Carry out desk review/survey on extant literature on the status of NBIC implementation in Nigeria:
- Carry out literature review on policy documents and establish gaps on the implementation status of NBIC in ECOWAS member states.
- Take inventory of the existing ID card systems in Nigeria; to determine their status.
- Assess the challenges faced and factors of due diligence in the harmonisation of existing Ids in Nigeria.
- Determine the feasibility of General Multi-Purpose Card (GMPC) technology
Undertake field investigative study on NBIC Implementation across 2 ECOWAS member states (Senegal and Serria Leone) regarding interoperability in compliance with ECOWAS standards:
- Consult widely on the status of implementation of NBIC in West Africa.
- Field visit to Senegal to assess the status of implementation of NBIC.
- Field visit to Serria Leone to assess the status of implementation of NBIC.
- Comparative analysis of the security and issuance of biometric Ids.
- Interoperability of NBIC with national ID systems in Nigeria
Coordinate meeting/workshop with relevant agencies nationally towards implementing NBIC regime:
- Consultative meeting with law enforcement agencies on ECOWAS Decision A/DEC.01/12/14 on NBIC and implementation in Nigeria.
- Agenda setting and presentations of field assessment findings.
- Towards and inter-agency cooperation, coordination; and establishment of working group to implement NBIC in Nigeria.
- Validation workshop and action plans for implementation
Tangible and Measurable Output of the work assignment:
- First deliverable Desk-Inception report:
A report of 10 pages maximum to present the desk review and initial set of ideas about the possible interventions that the IOM may support. This report will include analytical roadmap to the next phase. It will explain the challenges faced and factors inhibiting the implementation process. The Desk-Inception report with workplan and travel schedule will be presented to IOM team for assessment and further inputs. Time Commitment: March to April 2022 (10 days)
- Second deliverable – field assessment report from visits to Senegal and Serria Leone on the status of implementation, challenges and prospects for an improved security and issuance of biometric Ids in the region. Time Commitment: April to June 2022 (20 days)
- Third deliverable – Meeting/Workshop report submitted on inter-agency framework for collaboration and coordination towards implementing NBIC regime in Nigeria; and the setting up of a working group. Time Commitment: July to August 2022 (10 days)
- Strict adherence to timelines and schedule of activities.
- Timely analysis, production and sharing of report.
- Ability to work collaboratively with NIS MIDAS Technical Working Group and other partnering
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in Social Science, Borders, Migration, Geography from an Accredited Academic Institution or
- University degree in the above fields with Seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Must be conversant with migration policy issues – The Global COMPACT, AU MPFA, ECOWAS Protocols, NIBC, MIDAS and other regional / national instruments; with previous experience conducting work with NIS/IOM in Nigeria.
- Sound knowledge of Nigeria, Immigration laws, especially Immigration Act of 2015, National Migration Policy and foreigner registration in Nigeria
- Ability to work with government agencies, partners, including data sharing and protection.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, empathy, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative thinking, and organized.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience, preferably in the field of Migration and Cross-Border management.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office and PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Experience in carry out surveys, data analysis and excellent report writing skills.
- Proficiency and knowledge of English as working language.
Fluency in English; knowledge of multiple languages advantageous.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to fill application form
Send Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] using “CFCV2022/11 Abuja. Consultant (IBM/Public Policy Expert for IOM Nigeria IBM Programme)” as the subject of the mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!