The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are currently looking for the position below to join our team:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Description / Duties
Senior Accountant who can contribute to CAF’s overall success by effectively handling the following duties:
- Carry out Journal Entries related to accruals, payments, and other accounting transactions
- Maintain continuous follow up and update on all Federations, Clubs, and Officials status on the Accounting system
- Follow up on settling all due amounts to clubs and Federations
- Conduct and maintain efficient, on time, and adequate communication with each federations and clubs, and with CAF different departments
- Promptly respond to business communication, and maintain an efficient communication channel
- Prepare value added and informative Financial analysis reports regarding federations/clubs, and other Accounts Payables
- Maintain a file supporting documents for all transactions
- Prepare invoices for all sponsors, and follow up on collection on set due dates
- Update periodic Revenues and collection Financial reports
- Follow up transfers related to the invoices, with related SWIFTs or Refunds, and update records accordingly
- Prepare the sponsors balances through the accounting system
- Prepare referees transfers of all CAF competitions from related fixtures
- Follow up with the banks & treasury, om transfers and refunds and update the accounting system
- Verify all referees bank details with Refereeing Department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of Accounting /Financial experience
- Fluent in English and/or French
- Endure Working under pressure and for extended hours
- Good self-confidence
- Adequate Communication skills
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Capable of adapting to different environments, flexible, patient, and resilient
- Proactive and solution oriented
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility, and integrity
- High level of proactivity
- Organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only applications matching the requirements listed above will be considered.
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!