At Checkoff Credit Systems Limited, we offer unsecured loans to workers, payroll loans to public and private sector employees.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance / Legal Officer
Job Type: Full time (Hybrid work model)
- Checkoff Finance has recently received an Approval In Principle from the Central Bank of Nigeria and is looking for a Compliance/Legal Officer.
- Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program
- Create effective internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Draft and revise company policies
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) to assess compliance risk
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Fulfill regulators’ reporting obligations
- Check products from legal and compliance perspective.
- Receive and direct compliance issues for investigation and resolution.
- Develop, maintain and review compliance policies to prevent improper, unethical and illegal conduct.
- Handle rules, regulations and policy violation and review and suggest procedures initiation.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience in the same role
- Work experience in a financial institution regulated by CBN will be an added advantage.
- Have clear understanding of regulatory framework
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering)
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards.
N2,500,000 – N3,600,000 gross per annum (depending on experience).
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!