Job Title: Compliance Assurance Lead
Category: Strategy & Operations
About the Role
- Sparkle is looking for a Compliance Assurance Lead to ensure that compliance measures and frameworks are fully embedded within our operations and technologies.
- This position is critical to support the growth of Sparkle’s business and will require the development and maintenance of Sparkle’s compliance strategies and ensure the rigorous implementation across all functions within the company, while guaranteeing sustained regulatory compliance. Strong problem solving and analytical skills is a must as is experience with regulators.
What you’ll be doing:
- In still a positive, proactive culture towards regulation and legislation across Sparkle
- Draft and maintain Sparkle’s compliance policies and processes
- Maintain awareness of new and relevant legislation and ensure internal operations are aligned with these requirements
- Work closely with the Sparkle team to identify, assess, update and mitigate the regulatory compliance risks posed to Sparkle
- Work together with relevant team members to scope out and implement new systems, procedures and initiatives that enhance compliance within Sparkle
- Ensure prompt communication of management reporting and Compliance matters to core internal and external stakeholders.
- Design and implement effective regulatory training initiatives to the business.
- Support the Products team to ensure the Sparkle platform meets all regulatory requirements.
- Determine the identification and verification standards for customer take-on and AML compliance by:
- Managing the suspicious activity reporting process, internally and externally
- Communicating with all necessary staff to ensure they understand their responsibilities
- Escalate suspicious activity to the relevant internal and external authorities.
- Manage filings to regulatory bodies.
Do apply if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- You have 5+ years of experience in senior compliance roles within a regulated financial services firm.
- You have deep knowledge of the Nigerian banking and payments regulatory environment including control assessment procedures
- You have knowledge and experience of best practice in financial services regulation, fraud detection methodologies, and emerging practice in financial crime and money laundering typologies
- You have problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution
- You have an understanding of payment systems and markets with a focus on technology and mobile applications
- You have strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to create as well as deliver effective presentations
- You can manage self and others to provide exceptional client service by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality, accountability, and integrity
- You are a strategic thinker and self-starter
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!