Job Title: Compliance Analyst – Jumia
Job type: Full-time
- As a part of the Compliance team, you’ll be responsible for running manual searches and screening for onboarding corporate and individual customers. You will validate customers and partners details and carry out screening utilizing a number of tools and data sources.
Your responsibilities will include, without being limited to:
- Perform KYC review on targeted customers and partners.
- Perform Due Diligence review on targeted customers and partners.
- Emit recommendations to management based on the findings of your investigations.
- Follow up with Partners and Customers in case of missing documentation.
- Various other tasks on KYC, sanctions screening or transactions monitoring.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business management, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field from a recognized and accredited university.
- A Masters’ in any relevant field is an added advantage.
- Professional English level required. Chinese, French and/or Arabic is a plus.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role and industry, in internal control, compliance, operations, logistic, commercial or finance.
- Adequate knowledge of the online marketplace model and ecommerce environment
- Understanding of KYC due diligence and Anti-Money Laundering checks for new and existing customers is a plus.
- Professional knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Previous experience in a Customer Services environment is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely rigorous and details oriented, you love to deep dive in complex cases.
- Autonomous, you are able to manage multiple deadlines with limited and remote management.
- Curious, you love learning new things and using new tools. You are able to learn by yourself.
- Bullet-proof professional ethic.
Other Required Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong leadership, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines on schedule.
- English professional required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and Google Docs.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- Competitive compensation
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!