Job Title: Complaints and Feedback Mechanism Assistant
Location: Damboa, Borno
- The CFM Assistant is responsible for ensuring Community Based Feedback and Response Mechanisms (CBFRM) are in place in all IMC program sites to strengthen the quality and accountability of emergency response as well as upholding the organization’s commitment towards Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) standards especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism.**
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establish and manage the complaint and feedback mechanism for the WFP project.
- Receive complaints and feedback and respond to enquiries at the complaint desk at program sites.
- Build staff awareness and commitment to a complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs and IMC core values are respected.
- Refer program specific complaints to MEAL Officer for follow up.
- Build staff awareness and commitment to a complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs and IMC core policies are respected.
- Ensure regular maintenance of complaints and feedback database/ information System and ensure information is shared on a regular basis.
- Carry out regular community feedback functions, ensuring that all SOPs and IMC core policies are respected.
- Maintenance of an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences.
- Lodge all feedback, complaints and response in the CFM database.
- Support to ensure complaints are closed within the appropriate timeframe including those reported from the IMC toll free line.
- Ensure CFM database is forwarded to the MEAL officer on monthly basis and important complaints from complaint desks and suggestion boxes reported immediately.
- Provide accurate information related to the subject beneficiary matter and other related ongoing activities.
- Ensure accurate recording of all the data related to the beneficiary.
- Submit internal, and accurate reports to the concerned program focal person. The reports will be submitted weekly, or daily according to the urgency of the complaint; include monthly recommendations, if needed, to Program Manager as received.
- Accurately refer cases internally within the departments of the AAH – with the support of the MEAL Officer- following the standard operating procedures set for the referral system within IMC.
- Follow-up and receive weekly feedback, and case status progress related to the internal cases referred to the projects. Ensure all documents and actions taken are documented, and feedback is given back to the beneficiary.
- Manage the complaint and feedback mechanism in accordance with the country mission’s specific to AAP and CHS commitments.
- Liaise with local authorities and community leaders to support the resolution of complaints.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Social Research, Development Studies or a related field or comparable addition to experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Previous experience of working with NGOs.
- Experience in implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience in developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for food and cash transfer programs.
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards.
- Ethical, focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented.
- Building collaborative relationships with beneficiaries and the community.
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Sound analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Proficiency in English, Hausa and Kanuri languages both spoken and written.
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and should be addressed to “The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected]
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the Subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Nigerian nationals only
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: [email protected]
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Damboa, Borno