Job Title: Company Driver
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Adhere to the weekly work schedule mapped out by the Logistics Manager / Head Driver
- Handle pickup & delivery operations:
- Branch pickup & delivery
- Customer pickup & delivery
- Maintain a vehicle logbook for all movements
- Maintain a maintenance and repair logbook for the vehicle
- Ensure accident-free driving during all delivery operations
- Drive in a non-offensive manner that is gentle and comfortable for members of staff being conveyed with the vehicle
- Ensure vehicle documents are valid and available within the vehicle
- Carry out basic maintenance procedures daily on company vehicles like checking the water level in the radiator, oil gauge and other relevant checks
- Ensure the vehicle is cleaned and washed every day
- Report to the Logistics Manager / Head driver promptly if vehicle needs maintenance and/or repairs
- Take the vehicle for maintenance and/or repairs when instructed
- Adhere to all traffic laws, speed limits, safety regulations, precautions and company procedures, ensuring the safety of the general public
- Ensure defensive driving is practised throughout every journey while being aware of potential hazards and ways to avoid them
- Promote the company brand and enhance the company’s image through appearance and behaviour at the company or customer locations
- Adhere to all company policies, processes and regulations
- Perform other duties as requested by the Logistics Manager / Head Driver
- Qualification: Minimum of OND
- Experience: Minimum of 5 – 8 years
- Must live on the Island.
Skills, Experience and Competence:
- Good understanding of manual vehicle operations, auto engines, routine maintenance, mechanical parts and basic vehicle repair
- Good knowledge of prevailing traffic rules, laws and regulations, vehicle licensing procedures
- Good knowledge of various routes and road networks on Lagos Island and Mainland
- Good oral and written communication skills i.e. ability to transmit information effectively in clear, unambiguous terms (must be able to read and write)
- Ability to interact effectively with people – staff, customers and regulatory agencies
- Must be an energetic person.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!