Job Title: Community System Strengthening Specialist
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Type: Full Time
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
- The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
- Coordinate, lead, supervise and monitor all community systems strengthening related activities at the project State, LGA, CSOs and Community levels.
- Ensure the establishment and functionality of relevant coordination mechanismsat levels.
- Coordinate all child protection and stigma reduction strategies at the State, LGA and community levels.
- Contribute to discussions and decisions on improving the quality of services and outcomes on the project community systems strengthening programs/strategies.
- Demonstrate effective coordination of community systems strengthening activities at levels and show leadership.
- Participate and conduct relevant assessments, studies and routine performance reviews.
- Document and report monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually all activities of community systems strengthening in the project state.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- The Community Systems Strengthening Specialist will provide overall technical leadership to support Local Government and CBOs to expand high impact services and implement a priority package of cost-effective OVC interventions
- In collaboration with all project staff provide technical direction and oversight in systems strengthening related activities in the state in line with the implementation standards.
- Provide support and coordination to LGAs systems and capacity strengthening using evidence base approaches.
- CSSS will promote and facilitate child protection strategies through systems and community structures to ensure the implementation of standards in every course of action.
- The job holder will lead the mapping and coordination of harmonized and integrated community strategies to promote seamless community-facility linkages to OVC related services.
- Provide mentorship and technical support to the CSO partners in the project state to setup, monitor and ensure functionality of relevant community structures in project communities to promote community ownership and sustainability.
- CSSS will lead and support the unit, in the development of relevant SOPs, manuals, operational guidelines and train CSOs and stakeholders on the usage including their operationalization.
- Lead the advocacy and stakeholders’ engagement with state, LGAs and partners for the smooth implementation of the project.
- Support the project state and LGAs in the review, development and operationalization of OVC plans of Action and other relevant documents for OVC programing and coordination.
- Coordinate partnership and collaboration among project stakeholders in the state (CSOs, government at levels and partners) for an inclusive and integrated OVC service delivery.
- Establish and promote functionality of OVC platforms/coordination mechanisms at the state and LGA levels to strengthen accountability, coordination, planning, policy decisions and data use.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and on-the-job training to relevant CSOs, state and LGA personnel to effectively plan, coordinate and monitor systems strengthening OVC responses.
- Ensure continuous monitoring and evaluation of systems, and capacities at the CSOs, community and LGA levels on relevant areas as required by the project.
- Coordinate and provide support in all relevant studies, research and assessments in the project state.
- Document and report project results and impacts in various forms, including success stories, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc on community systems strengthening
- Other Duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: This position has no supervisory role
- Internal: Systems Strengthening and Advocacy Advisor, State Program Manager, Gender and Adolescent Specialist, C&S Specialists, SI Specialist and Database manager
- External:SMWASD,CSO Program Manager and Officers other relevant line ministries and partners
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as Public Health, Development Studies, Social Work or other health related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in Community Systems Strengthening, program coordination and management with preference to OVC and HIV / AIDS / Health programs under a USG funded award in Nigeria.
- Relevant experience in organizational and institutional development assessment and other research related environment including Organizational Network Assessment
- Practical experience in implementing integrated Community based health and referral programs
- Excellent skills in advocacy and partnership engagements.
- S / he must have excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical skills; and demonstrated experience in the strategic design and implementation of OVC and HIV/AIDS programs.
- Strong track record of HIV / AIDS programming, understanding of the PEPFAR 95-95-95 goals and proven ability to produce demonstrable technical and program results
- Knowledge and understanding of OVC issues, Child Protection and Adolescent challenges and policy for HIV Care for Children, and OVC Case Management, in addition to extensive knowledge of key actors in these fields
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues and contacts within government authorities and within communities; sound judgment and maturity to foster a positive work environment;
- Strong understanding of the principles of the private-public partnership
- Other duties assigned.
- CCCRN is an equal – opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required, with fluency in either of the local languages in Cross River and Akwa Ibom.
Application Closing Date
Friday; 30th April, 2021. (Midnight)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CV / Resume and cover letter (as a single MS Word document) to: [email protected] Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!