Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Officer – Value Chain Enhancement
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job type: Full time Programmes
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: FSL Sector Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Provide support to the Sector Manager in implementing mobilization, and support to food producers and value chain actors in line with the work plan:
- Responsible for implementing the activities inscribed under Pillar 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4 in Monguno and Kukawa LGAs in line with the work plan to adhere to the deadlines. This includes community mobilization and sensitization, targeting, management of relations with sector Government Agencies and value chain actors, training institutions, support to groups of food producers, etc.
- Develop a community mobilization and sensitization strategy for effective program delivery.
- Identify methods of community mobilization that enhance partnership and coordination with government officials, local communities, internal integration within sectors and programs.
- Coordinate with LGA officials to share the plan and implementation of the project activities.
- Provide training and orientation to target communities regarding Action Against Hunger Project and other parts of mobilization activities of the project as well as providing guidelines and training to field assistants for effective community mobilization at the local government area level.
- Reinforce and regulate program monitoring activities.
- Support line manager in budget forecasting, detailed work planning, monthly, and quarterly reporting.
- Contribute to organizational and sector-wide learning through good quality input for lessons learned, best practices, evaluations, etc. for all the components of the program for training, mobilization, and IEC materials.
- Assist the program team in the development of key documentation and materials (IEC and visibility materials, procurement and work plans, etc.).
- Implement the stakeholder engagement strategy at the field level.
- Establish a good relationship and network with community leaders and other actors in the working area (I/NGOs)
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination meetings as required by the Sector Manager.
- Represent ACTION AGAINST HUNGER as requested by the Sector Manager.
Objective 2 – Manage the community mobilization assistants to ensure compliance, technical quality, and coherence in all ACTION AGAINST HUNGER activities on the ground:
- Train Assistants on ACTION AGAINST HUNGER principles, essential policies, and procedures, as well as the RESILAC Program.
- Develop clear work plans for Assistants, and schedule regular meetings to oversee progress against Pillar targets and to ensure adherence to the program’s mission and standards.
- Line Manage and supervise Assistants in line with HR principles and on the basis of clear quality benchmarks and plans.
- Escalate any HR issue to the Sector Manager and HR Department in line with guidelines.
- Ensure Assistants’ presence, engagement, and commitment to the RESILAC project.
- Review and adapt training manuals in collaboration with community mobilization field assistants.
- Flow all relevant information coming from the Sector Manager down to the Assistants and actively support them to access relevant information and tools that can help them in their work.
Objective 3 – Ensure tracking and reporting of activities:
- Contribute to the development of internal and donor activity reports on the basis of the schedule shared by the Project Coordinator.
- Provide all information requested by the Sector Manager and MEAL Manager to enable progress and impact analysis, quality assurance oversight, context analysis, etc.
- Assist the Sector Manager in reviewing activities, including plan, budget, and M&E plan and procurement plan, following up with the relevant departments to ensure quality and timely implementation.
- Effectively escalate all key information coming from the field level and suggest mitigation of daily challenges to the program team.
- Ensure timely submission of purchasing requests, car/staff movement plans.
- Ensure program-related data and shared information are correct, updated, organized, well documented, and retrievable by the supervisor.
- Facilitate and support systematic monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Degree in Agriculture, Agro-engineering, Economics, and similar. background.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in humanitarian context;
- Previous experience with Food Security and LIvelihoods programs either in the Government or NGO sector.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay in the field.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long-distance walking to screening sites.
- Capacity to supervise and coach Assistants level staff.
- Ability to work in an environment where there are physical discomforts associated with a change in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, or dirt.
- Capacity to write reports in English.
- Proficiency with Hausa and Kanuri.
- A resident of the community, networks within the community.
- Experience and commitment to utilizing a participatory approach
Basic Minimum Salary
NGN 211,441 per Month
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 28th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should :
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!