Job Title: Communications Specialist
Requisition – 2021200942
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Deputy Chief of Party
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Communications Specialist will perform functions related to the documentation of program success stories, best practices and lessons learnt as well as internal/external communications and media monitoring.
- S/he will support the development and implementation of strategies to raise AENN media profile, as well as help to ensure project adherence to USAID and FHI 360 branding and marking requirements.
- This position also provides support to all key internal and external events to develop strong public relations for the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Communications Role:
- Support production of communication materials including success stories, bulletins, brochures and other promotional material.
- Monitor implementation of the communication style guide for all external and internal communication materials (TV and radio programs, presentations, speeches and other documentation).
- Provide creative, editorial and operational support for communications initiatives and report on progress Maintain library system for all communications materials.
- Coordinate to conduct Most Significant Changes (MSC) technique to capture the project success stories and good practices.
- Respond to requests from FHI 360 country office and headquarters as well as USAID for information to internal/external audiences.
- Design materials to support other work as needed.
- These might include report covers, order forms, announcements and invitations to special events.
- Support development of video clips that document the success of the AENN activity.
Media Communications & Public Relations Role:
- Monitor media, local and donor opinion concerning relevant health areas, FHI 360 Nigeria, and USAID to gauge the effect of the information dissemination strategy and to provide feedback to inform adjustments to future information programming.
- Support to develop, implement and evaluate the project’s media (including online) strategy in consultation with supervisor.
- Support to develop and pitch proactive media opportunities in consultation with programs team. Support to write and distribute media releases and support production of regular, legally compliant email newsletters and notices to target audiences.
- Develop online communication materials including video content to increase our social media presence (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn).
- Prepare a standard information package on project activities that can be shared with visitors and media as required (including success stories, photos, maps, newsletters and other documents as appropriate).
- Develop and maintain an updated contact directory of key contacts from different sectors.
Events Management Role:
- Provide support for public events such as VIP visits, USAID delegate visits, launches, disseminations, exhibitions, conferences etc.– including setting purposes and objectives, roles and responsibilities; pre-planning, briefings, logistics, schedules, presentations, posters, exhibition stands and post conference evaluation.
- Maintain a calendar of key events in close collaboration with program and technical staff members and implementing partners.
Brand Management Role:
- Support to ensure effective implementation and adherence to AENN project branding strategy and marking plan.
- Support to ensure proper acknowledgement of AENN project and donors for their contributions. Support to ensure proper and consistent use of AENN project and USAID logos in line with the project’s branding strategy and marking plan in all supported publications, commodities and activities/events.
- Implement plan to promote presence of AENN project and USAID at both national and local level to highlight the contribution made in the field of education.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision and monitoring visits to project sites to ensure donor and organizational visibility (branding).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in writing, editing and proofreading within a public relations, journalism or communications role.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships among media representatives, local NGO partners and project staff.
- Experience in online communications including: developing and implementing online strategies (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, You Tube) and maintaining websites Knowledge of USAID branding and marking requirements and production policies.
- Ability to creatively craft information messages in various media formats targeting a variety of audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision and manage high volume work flow with multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s level Degree with at least 5 – 7 years works experience.
- Bachelor’s level degree with 7 – 9 years’ work experience in a similar capacity in an NGO/INGO.
- Desirable – A minimum of three years demonstrated successful experience in public relations, communications, or related field, is preferred.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!