Job Title: Communication Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, maintain, and implement, electrical instruments, for systems for industrial, commercial, or domestic purposes.
- Perform a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications.
- Establish construction, manufacturing, or installation standards by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
- Estimate material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.
- Manage, monitor the team’s performance, and work as part of a team of communication engineers and planners.
- Plan and deploy solutions, document procedures, and coordinate systems software and hardware activities with team members.
- Interface with technology vendors for equipment servicing, training, warranty, and routine maintenance.
- Initiate the procurement process for the approved project, participate in the technical evaluation committee and follow up the process.
- Design, configure, test, and operate communication infrastructure and services that include audio, web, and video conferencing, streaming, recording, video on demand, sharing content, and integration with other business applications.
- Evaluate new technologies to recommend future direction.
- Rewriting or modifying processes to ensure all aspects of the service run smoothly and to schedule.
- Liaising with internal and external customers.
- Finding creative solutions to network design challenges, mobile communications, data service requirements, and internet and network signaling protocols.
- Minimum of 2.1 or Upper credit in Bachelor’s degree / HND respectively in Information Technology, Communication Engineer, Electrical Engineer, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in the Telecommunication industry.
- Excellent knowledge of voice and Video standards: SIP, H323, MGW, SBC, ISDN/ PSTN lines configuration, and GSM-Gateway, Cisco Voice Gateways/Skype for Business/ VoIP/ Windows/Linux Server operating system environment, implementation, and support.
- Knowledge of network function virtualization, network automation, data center virtualization, and firewalls.
- Dynamic and self-motivated to provide better services to the users.
- Proven experience in configuration and troubleshooting VoIP and video standards, essentially SIP, SDP, H323, RTP, RTCP, TLS Experience in designing and implementing IT Services.
- Knowledge of applicable software and codes related to communication engineering.
- Have strong knowledge in IT, CCNA is highly recommended.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!