Job Title: Commissioning Preservation Engineer* M / F
Location: Offshore, Nigeria
Contract Type: Temporary Work Contract
Contractual Hours: Full Time
Contract Duration: 6 months
- Lead a team of Contractors personnel in executing Preservation activities.
- Establish a Quality Preservation and cleanliness regime that will provide assurance that plant and equipment will remain in good condition and operable at all stages throughout the project.
- Ensure the Quality Preservation and cleanliness regime is consistently implemented from Supplier Works through Fabrication, Installation, Commissioning, and final handover to Operations.
- Implement and Maintain a Preservation Records System to demonstrate compliance to the preservation regime and assure integrity of plant and equipment.
- Provide Technical input and approval for Contractor Preservation and pipe cleanliness Procedures during Construction phase, and manage the process during Commissioning phase.
- Engage with Management, Engineering, Operations and Commissioning to establish expectations and requirements.
- Provide coaching / mentor national and junior team members as necessary.
- Engage with the engineering team to ensure preservation requirements are clearly identified.
- Take ownership of and develop the preservation philosophy and strategy.
- Develop suite of preservation checklists, routines and procedures consistent with the preservation philosophy and Strategy.
- Review available databases / systems for monitoring and control of preservation regime, recommend and implement optimal system.
- Identify and procure any additional resources / skills required to implement strategy / administer the database etc.
- Review and ensure that preservation requirements are included on Requisitions / Supplier RFQ’s etc:
- Review Supplier documentation and ensure that engineering have confirmed that preservation requirements are adequate.
- Ensure that all Supplier recommendations and requirements are incorporated into preservation procedures and project program.
- Liaise with Engineering to determine preservation requirements for non-skid mounted plant & equipment.
- Liaise With Engineering / Vendors / Contractors to determine possible access and optimal preservation regime for all plant and equipment.
- Ensure Preservation activities are adequately estimated and allowed for within the project integrated plans / Contractors schedules etc.
- Liaise with Commissioning to ensure that critical preservation is not compromised by commissioning testing / procedures.
- Liaise with System Handover Management Process (SHMP) co-ordinator to establish comprehensive Tag.
- Database and ensure consistency between databases.
- Manage and audit main construction contractor to ensure de-preservation / re-preservation is properly implemented and recorded:
- On receipt at fabrication yard / construction site.
- On installation.
- During Commissioning.
- Minimum: Recognised HNC / HND with appropriate experience.
- Demonstrable HSSE Leadership and personal commitment to Safety.
- Awareness of similar safety management systems.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Preservation and cleanliness process.
- Track record of experience gained in similar oil and gas / petrochemical / power generation related international projects, in a similar role leading to development of the following skill sets:
- Involvement with Engineering Contractor and Suppliers in design phase.
- Development of Preservation and Cleanliness procedures, check sheets, frequency and tracking Commissioning Completion process.
- System Handover Process from Construction, Commissioning and to Operations.
- Control of Work processes during execution.
- Minimum level of experience required: 6 years or more
- SAS & HUET
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Offshore, Nigeria,