Job Title: Cloud Solution Architect – Azure Apps and Infrastructure
Job ID: 1038715
Employment Type: Full-Time
Profession: Customer Success
Role Type: Individual Contributor
- This role will own the Azure technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical infrastructure architecture discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
Key Responsibilities of the Cloud Solution Architect include:
- Drive the deployment of applications into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Establish deep relationships with key ITDMs and BDMs, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company. Identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions.
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support in infrastructure-related workloads.
- Lead deployment of projects, creation of collateral, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization. Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and recommended practices; and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers.
- Coach other technical sellers to become certified in required Azure technical certifications.
- 10 years + of eep understanding of cloud infrastructure technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions / projects)
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
- Deep technical experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Cloud Infrastructure: Virtualization, Storage, HPC, VDI, Linux, Containers and container orchestration, OSS
- Cloud Operations / Management: Monitoring and logging, Operations
- Cloud Networking: ExpressRoute, vWAN, Ingress / Egress patterns and services
- Cloud Security & Governance: IAM, monitoring, encryption, cloud native policies and controls
- Cloud platform hosted solutions (e.g. Azure App Service, Kubernetes (AKS/EKS/GKE)
- Cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management)
- Continuous integration technologies (e.g. IaC, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet)
- One or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js
- Practical and deep applied experience in scaling the use of public cloud in enterprise organizations.
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Prior work experience in a Consulting / Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred
Benefits / Perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos, Lagos