Job Title: Chief of Party, OtL, Nigeria
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- FHI 360 is a global development organization, with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our team of professionals includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research.
- FHI 360 operates from over 60 offices with more than 4000 employees in the United States and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at all levels and our multi-disciplinary approach allows us to have a lasting impact on the people, communities and countries we serve by improving the lives of millions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Northeast Nigeria entitled Opportunities to Learn: OtL. This position will be based in Northeast Nigeria – and is contingent upon award.
- This duty station has been designated as high risk or extreme risk and poses a heightened risk or direct threat to personal safety. Applicants should research this location and the associated risks before submitting an application.
- The anticipated Northeast Nigeria OTL will improve foundational reading, writing, math, and social and emotional skills acquisition for children and youth, as well as increase retention and transition rates from primary to lower secondary across Northeast Nigeria.
- Additionally, the anticipated five-year activity will prepare youth for the market place, and increase engagement with communities and families to support foundational skills practice outside of school as well as enrollment, attendance, and transitions in school.
- The Chief of Party is responsible for the overall implementation and oversight of the project, including: managing the annual work plan and budgeting process; creating/maintaining an effective project management team; overseeing an effective monitoring and evaluation system; and coordinating activities and sub-grantees to achieve results.
- This individual will be the primary liaison with the funder (USAID), key stakeholders, government stakeholders, and other implementing partners. Her/his primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership, management oversight, and technical direction for the program, ensuring an integrated vision across components and actors, with a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract.
- The Chief of Party will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure activities meet stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The Chief of Party will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Public Administration, International Development, or related field from an accredited university; Ph.D. or Ed.D. is highly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in similar education intervention activities, and experience managing complex donor-funded development activities in challenging environments.
- Strong knowledge of, and commitment to, gender and social equity issues in education.
- Relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program.
- Demonstrated leadership, effective organizational development, partnership-building, managerial, team building and communication skills on complex projects in fragile contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines across a broad geographic area.
- Proven ability to coordinate with government stakeholders, as well as non-governmental organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting.
- Experience in the education sector in Northeast Nigeria or the region strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!