HR Leverage Africa – Our client, a recycling and commodity trading company is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Lagos Ibadan Expressway
- Our client, a recycling and commodity trading company is in need of a highly motivated and proactive individual who will be accountable for the financial operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and report accurate financial results
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate must be well experienced in all aspects of financial management, capital raising, financial planning and analysis, and risk management.
- He/She must possess strong leadership skills and a forward-thinking mindset to support the company in the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Should have an excellent working knowledge of SAP ERP System.
- Should have an analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Should be able to manage a team of accountants
Duties & Responsibilities
The Chief Financial Officer will perform a wide range of responsibilities. These may include, but are not limited to:
Strategy, Planning, and Management:
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to the senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization about long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors, and investors.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting, and payroll staff as required.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate by the senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting:
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain the monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage the financial planning and analysis department. Supervise the creation of reports, software implementation, and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Participate in weekly conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations:
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls, compliance, and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for the CEO and investors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Ensure compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Hire, develop and manage accounting directors, managers and staff
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Manage the cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
Financial Relations and Policies:
- Engage the CEO to develop short term and long term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent the company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors, and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
Finance and Accounting Team Management:
- Mentor and develop the finance team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
- Identify and manage key business and company risks and insurance requirements
- Maintain and ensure compliance with the documented system of finance policies and procedures across the group
- Responsible for audit reviews of business units, financial and management processes and systems to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation and implementation of annual internal audit plans /programs and endure adherence to plans.
- Lead audits/special reviews of operations and assessment of business risk and provide recommendations for strengthening existing internal controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and MBA is required
- ACCA or ICAN Required
- In-depth experience in the manufacturing industry is very critical
- 6 years minimum experience as a CFO in a manufacturing company
- At least 15 years of accounting or finance experience
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, Taxation, etc.
- “Hands-On” ERP Systems Experience – SAP By Design preferred
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance related issues.
- Strong systems, process, and best practices experience.
- Well organized and self-directed.
- Financial planning and strategy
- Managing profitability
- Strategic planning
- Quality management
- Promotion of process improvement
- Corporate finance
- Budget development
- Taxation, Management and Cost Accounting
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the application.
Note: Only qualified candidates should apply.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!