Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of an estimated 4.8 million farmers.
Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
- Click here to view Jobs by category
- Click here to view Jobs by States in Nigeria
- Click here to view most recent Jobs posted today
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Engineer
- Grains is one of the 6 prioritized platforms in Olam The Grains business consists of 4 verticals: Wheat Milling (in sub-Saharan Africa), Origination & Trading (Origination in the Black Sea and Latin America, Destination in the Middle East & North Africa, Prop trading in Wheat/Corn/Soy), Animal Feeds & Proteins (starting in Nigeria, but plan to expand to 4-5 countries in Africa, Asia & MENA by 2020) and Ocean Freight (vessel charter, Prop trading).
- Our manufacturing facilities in Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, and Senegal helping these countries to reduce import costs of refined wheat. With an unrelenting focus on food safety, innovation and cost efficiencies, we produce a range of quality flours for bread, baguettes, pasta noodles, biscuits, semolina, and confectionery.
- The role requires an individual with excellent leadership abilities to oversee multiple responsibilities, this includes managing everyday maintenance requirements, guiding and managing the field engineering teams and setting long and short-term project goals.
- You will be required to negotiating with vendors and clients, ensure that projects stay within time and budgetary restraints, and compile required reports for defining action items.
- You are a person who regularly upgrades yourself and keeps abreast of cutting-edge advancements in the field and is dedicated to excellence. Great people skills are always a plus point.
- Set up & run Preventive Maintenance programme for both mills & ensure its effectiveness through adherence checks against schedule to maximize equipment availability
- Ensure breakdowns are duly attended & RCA & CAPA is carried out to prevent re-occurence
- Drive team capabilities to achieve the maintenance targets through structured problem solving, improvement interventions etc
- Ensure team is trained & maintained on the EHS standards for all the jobs & processes. Correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory
- Ensure an effective Engineering spare management through Safety stock reviews & proactive ordering on time
- Regular site inspection and maintaining a training calendar for the team to improve the overall technical capabilities
- Cost-effectively manage external contractors – seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure cost-effective yet quality service
- Coordinate with direct reports to maintain and administer all personnel records and systems relating to employees (excluding records of sickness, absenteeism and holidays etc)
- Review maintenance performance through daily, weekly & monthly meetings with team members & relevant stakeholders
- Drive team engagement through team-building practices, case studies & informal gatherings
- Maintain a Statutory calendar covering all the Statutory inspections for the Plant covering Utilities & Infra
- Review Repair & maintenance expenses & devise strategies to manage the actual costs against the allotted budget
- Initiate ideation process within the team to generate value addition projects on reliability, process, efficiency & safety improvements & make plans for implementation
- Execute minor & major Capex projects for the plant as per the agreed timelines & budget.
- Sensitizing and training the entire workforce on matters of safe working practices and their role in maintaining the highest standards of safety.
- Work with the team to identify personnel training needs.
- Actively promote training and personal development on-site (Costs to be controlled within agreed budgets).
- Best in class vendor management practices to be central for cost-effective management of external contractors – seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure quality service at approved costs.
- Coordinate with managers to maintain and administer all personnel records and systems relating to employees (excluding records of sickness, absenteeism and holidays, recorded in the General Office).
- Robust systems to be deployed along with respective managers to ensure the safekeeping of all company agreements and financial instruments.
- Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering. QEHS or GMP / HACCP related certification courses and training will be an added advantage.
- 8-10 years of experience in handling plant maintenance, utilities and projects. Minimum 3 years of leadership role in engineering management is required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!