Job Title: Chief Economist and Strategist
Job Type: Full time
Sector: Financial Services
Reports To: The Chief Executive Officer
- Our client is looking for Chief Economist and Strategist who will support with research insights on the short to long-term strategy formulation for the Institute’s management and governing council consideration.
- He/She will conduct research on products and services useful for the institute and the immediate stakeholders in the financial service industry.
- He/She will maintain a rigorous programme of monitoring and evaluation of the sector’s impact on economic growth, diversification, and employment in the Nigerian economy.
- He/She will drive the implementation of the Institute’s 2020 – 2024 strategic plan while reporting to the registrar, he will monitor the directorates’ compliance to the plan.
Skills and Capabilities
- Strategy formulation, monitoring and Evaluation.
- Maintain effective engagement with relevant stakeholders (e.g. Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Budget and National Planning, economic departments of universities, business associations, etc.) in contributing to the formulation of national economic strategies and support the country in meeting the relevant SDG goals
- Develop capability of subordinates towards the achievement of their own performance targets.
- Develop concept papers on contemporary issues for governing council deliberations
- Sit on Investment and Budget Committees to give input on the economic assumptions of various investment and budget proposals.
- Develop economic guidelines and standards and prepare points of view used in forecasting trends and formulating economic policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Statistics
- MBA / M.Sc. in Economics
- Professional qualifications such as ACIB is an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years professional experience with at least 8 years in a senior management role overseeing researchers (e.g. running research department of large size financial institution, a university or a comparable agency)
- Strong research skills, particularly using formal economic analysis and quantitative methodology
- Proven experience in research and evaluation management and methodology including analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to identify and understand business issues and map these issues into quantitative questions
- Good understanding of micro and macro-economic indices, strategic financial planning and analysis
- Ability to develop and implement an effective and robust research strategy
- Ability to represent the institute across a range of media and to present new economic thinking compellingly and credibly
- Good written, presentation and communication skills, able to represent the institute at high net-worth events
- Ability to set standards, provide guidance, and create and maintain processes to support colleagues to deliver policy work to a consistently high standard
- Ability to develop others to ensure that key functions such as quality assurance and the maintenance of high research standards are shared across the leadership team.
- Strong strategic planning, problem solving and execution skills with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, coaching, mentoring and people management skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with an ability to engage with others to achieve positive results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders and effectively communicate and interact with top level management.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!