Job Title: Chef
Employment Type: Full-time
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales.
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients.
- Cook food in a timely manner.
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff.
- Inform wait staff about daily specials.
- Ensure appealing plate presentation.
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed.
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders.
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items.
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area.
- Culinary School Diploma preferred.
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook.
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers).
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks.
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!