Job Title: Business Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Field: Management
- The Business Manager will manage the overall operations of the fast-growing retail fashion stores.
- The Business Manager will be accountable for the effective and successful management of the workforce, productivity, sales & marketing, customer experience, quality control, and logistics; initiating and implementing strategies that promote rapid business growth and expansion while co-creating an outstanding employee experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct recruitment, selection, and onboarding for new employees.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Conduct periodic evaluation of staff performance and recommend training needs where necessary.
- Meet or exceed operations labor budget expectations
- Take leadership responsibility for all operations employees
- Model leadership by training, motivating, and evaluating the work of heads of departments and encourage them to do the same for their direct reports.
- Ensure the business always has adequate and suitable resources to run efficiently (e.g. people, material, equipment etc.).
- Develop and manage quality control process for all key aspects of operations.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and enforce standard productivity, quality, and customer-service policies and procedures
- Analyze and develop processes that encourage a seamless end-to-end customer experience
- Take responsibility for all facilities management by ensuring premises levels are upheld to standards
- Provide forecast, prepare operations annual budget & schedule expenditures.
- Make recommendations for resource and system requirements with a plan to implement and deliver.
- Drive compliance with all health, safety, and legal requirements across all business channels.
Sales, Customer Experience & Marketing:
- Forecast sales and harness team efforts to attain projected income/revenue.
- Set daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets for the business.
- Motivate staff to meet and exceed set sales quota.
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual sales analysis to measure profitability.
- Assist sales teams with managing objections and closing deals at the store.
- Provide significant data analytics & analysis of monthly sales to Management.
- Advocate excellent customer experience across all aspects of the business.
- Monitor closely, customer satisfaction coefficients and confirm return customers.
- Provide prompt resolution to complex customer complaints.
- Interface with the public as a brand ambassador during events and conferences
- Ensure product quality levels conform to brand image and audience is well served.
- Provide and update staff with product knowledge, new policies or procedures.
- Work closely with GM and Management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Communicate vision and direction for the company and harness team efforts to make it a reality.
- Develop goals and objectives for both short and long-term business growth.
- Design and implement strategies that promote measurable and timely goal execution.
- Research and analyze competition, pricing strategies, and latest market developments.
- Assess overall company performance against objectives to determine progress.
- Provide significant data analytics & analysis of monthly business performance to the Board of Directors.
- BSc. in Business Administration, Economics, or a related field.
- MSc in Project Management, Operations Management, or an MBA.
- PMP Certification or similar certification in Management & Leadership from a recognized institute.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience with databases and project management software.
- A deep understanding of finance & budgeting.
- Excellent report writing abilities.
- Proven ability to use innovative techniques to solve business problems.
- Great interpersonal skills and a demonstrable ability to inspire the team.
- A clear-cut passion for outstanding customer experience.
- Strong communication and PR skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills.
N300,000 – N400,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!