Job Title: Business Legal Counsel
Employment Type: Full-time
- Business Legal Counsel is responsible for performing advisory role to the Strategic Business Unit (SBU), drafts and prepares documents of contracts and agreement between the SBU’s and third parties in the course of their businesses, the legal counsel also ensures that companies are in compliance with statutes and regulations from regulatory bodies.
The responsibilities of the Business Legal counsel include but not limited to:
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Manage all Company’s real estate/landed properties – ensure payment of relevant charges, perfection, and registration of title for company properties
- Provide commercial legal advice and solution for different aspects of the business.
- Manage litigation and liaise with external lawyers, review progress of anticipated and outstanding litigation.
- Review and provide strategic legal advice on documents and issues for all SBU’s
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Access the overall Control Environment
- As the ideal candidate, you will need to be a visionary leader with a strong communication skill. To be successful in this role, you must be proactive & strategic by pre-emptively anticipate issues before they arise. More so, you should possess good business judgment and thoughtfully inquisitive. Ability to works well under pressure is of utmost importance.
- The ideal candidate must have obtained at least a Second-Class Upper Degree in Law at both University and the Nigerian Law School.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!