Job Title: Business Development Officer (Institutional Marketing and Communications)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Group Country Director
- The business development Officer is concerned with improving and growing business, by fostering and developing relationships through institutional marketing and communications.
- The business development Officer will also work to improve profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets and to enhance the operation of the business its position and reputation.
Role and Task Complexities
Business Development 50%:
- Conceptualize and develop business proposals, reports, analyses, reviews and other documents for projects spanning from inception to implementation to completion.
- Design and develop business strategies, identify risk scenarios and develop improvement plans for same to provide appropriate growth to business as well as negotiate with stakeholders.
- Manage all development process and ensure compliance to government policies and regulations.
- Coordinate with management team and maintain budgets.
- Manage all customer communication and maintain effective relationships with all.
Institutional Marketing and Communications 40%:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of (online and offline) communication, including print, video, publications, website maintenance and social media activities, in order to support effectively the strategic objectives of the company and convey its key messages to different stakeholders companywide and client wide.
- Design, develop and implement creative and impactful marketing strategies for raising the company’s national and international visibility, profile and brand.
- Create and implement specific campaigns for long‐term projects to meet agreed strategic priorities, income generation targets and audience development objectives companywide and client wide.
- Develop and implement wider networks to pursue joint communication initiatives and develop and implement effective public relations campaigns.
- Develop and manage all other communications responsibilities such as maintaining distribution lists, developing and tracking email campaigns, web analytics, electronic templates and compliance with communications standards.
- Ensure that relevant audience is reached with company communication campaigns, as well as regular monitoring and evaluation of campaigns and activities to effectively measure the return.
- Liaising with colleagues, designers, printers and other relevant stakeholders on all areas relating to the DCP/MECA brand.
- Analytical thinking/ problem solving on a national and international level with local knowledge and global insights.
- Following industry trends locally and internationally as well as drafting and reviewing contracts.
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams as well as reporting on successes and areas needing improvements.
- Contributing to the assessment process through participation in meetings and analysis of results.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Increase in customer retention and customer base by end of every quarter.
- An increase in the number of new leads presented versus the number of leads effectively worked.
- Generate and initiate a lead closure rate and increase that lead to closure rate.
- Potential revenue in business development pipeline- Measures the potential revenue to the organization to enable BDM understand the value in the pipeline and actively follow-up.
- Monthly Sales Volume which shows business development overall sales performance.
- Cost ROI Ratio-Measure the total revenue gained after covering the investment of making the sale and implementing the project. The ratio between the costs and product sales has to be at an acceptable level with the return on investment.
- Quarterly profit value which will show business development overall profit performance.
Technical Skills Requirements
- 1st Degree in Internal Relations, Business Management, Marketing, Economics or a related field.
- An advanced degree/ M.Sc is an added advantage.
- 8 – 12 years relevant experience.
- Experience of working in/ with local/ regional/national public authorities.
- Significant work experience related to capacity-building actions with concrete involvement in the design/ delivery of capacity-building activities.
Knowledge and Competences:
- High-level communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- Experience working to and exceeding targets.
Application Closing Date
6th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!