Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop new sales outlets, distribution channels, and sales partnerships to grow the visibility of the products amongst its target audience and grow revenue.
- Own the achievement of the revenue targets for the product’s sales through the sales outlets, distribution channels and sales partnerships.
- Identify partners that would generate leads for the business.
- Prepare market analysis and market intelligence gathering to develop plans and strategies to locate and develop potential sales partners.
- Provide sales research and product knowledge expertise to ensure they close sales of the products.
- Build business development plans containing product strategy, go-to-market plans, price & product positioning for each of the products within the product portfolio.
- Build revenue and expense budgets tied to business development plans for each product in the product portfolio.
- Ensuring that the companies supplier database is kept secure at all times
- Assessing quotes and compiling a detailed assessment of cost breakdowns.
- Stay informed on the latest industry techniques and methods
- Grow good working relationships with new prospects.
- Prepare quotations and generate sales orders for clients.
- Draft strategic pricing plans and processes track prove revenue
- Evaluating cost price, freight, weight, and lead time to develop pricing for a quote.
- Understanding the impact of pricing on profit margins.
- Ensures due diligence is done on the quotes before it is being sent out to the customer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or any related course
- Between three (3) to five (5) years of relevant work experience in business development
- Between two (2) to three (3) years experience in B2B Sales
- Experience in sales of machines and parts (Generators, Compressors, Pumps, and other heavy machinery.
- Experience in a manufacturing or engineering company Proven records of high
- Engineering solutions Industry experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies
- Ability to plan, set goals, promote and improve service delivery
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Independent, resourceful, and analytical Skills
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of margins when pricing
- Must have very good people management and issue resolution skills
- Must be focused on order fulfillment and not just on placing orders with suppliers
- A thorough understanding of sourcing methodologies.
- Sound time-management and organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
28th February 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!