Job Title: Bursar
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- The Bursar as a Principal Officer, and in accordance with the University Act, the Chief Financial Officer of the University, is responsible to the Vice Chancellor.
- The duties of a Bursar includes the administration and Control of Financial Affairs and the provision of accounting services for the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess a good University degree in Accounting from a recognized university plus full professional qualification as iCAN, ACCA etc, with 20 years post qualification or relevant cognate working experience.
- He / she must have at least 10 years unbroken service in the University system, and must have served in an administrative capacity not below the rank of Deputy Bursar.
- The candidate must also be computer literate.
Salary and Conditions of Service for Bursar
- Appointment is made for fixed period of 5 years in the first instance and an extension of one year of service, if considered satisfactory.
- The salary is as approved for Bursars in the Federal Universities.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and 20 copies of their current Curriculum Vitae signed by themselves, giving the following information:
- Full name, current postal address, permanent home address
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Details of previous and current appointments with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications including distinctions and dates
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts and employers.
- List of Publications stating Journals / Books in which they were published (if any).
- Other activities outsides current employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees, one (1) of whom must be from the candidate’s present employer.
- Proposed date of availability for duty if appointed.
Applications should be submitted in an envelope marked “Application for the post of Bursar” and addressed to:
Modibbo Adamawa University,
P.M.B. 2076, Yola,
Adamawa State, Nigeria.
- Candidates should please request their Referees to forward reports attesting to their character, integrity and capability for the post of Bursar, in a sealed envelope, marked “Confidential”, to the address above.
- Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!