Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and is the Chief Financial Officer of the University, duly appointed by the University Governing Council.
- He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- By virtue of this position, the Bursar should be able to contribute to the development and periodic update of the University’s financial management system.
- The Bursar should also be able to coordinate and monitor the preparation of periodic income and expenditure statements, balance sheet, cash flow estimates and consolidation.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that the University’s annual budgetary processes are duly followed.
- He/She must demonstrate ability to advise and implement financial policies and procedure manuals of accounting procedure of the University.
- Also, the Bursar should vigorously pursue and ensure the preparation and submission of the annual statutory external auditors’ reports to Council for consideration
Requirements for the Candidates
The Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have ability to provide good leadership; possess a high level of personal integrity, demonstrate transparency in both private and public life; be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University; and, in addition, satisfy the following criteria:
- Shall possess a good Honours Degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution. Possession of Master’s Degree is an added advantage;
- Must be a current member of any professionally recognized accounting body, such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN;
- Have a minimum of Twelve (12) years post-qualification cognate experience in an institution of higher learning, ten (10) years of which must be unbroken service in the University System;
- Should not be older than sixty (60) years upon appointment;
- Must have been a Deputy Bursar in a University for at least three (3) years;
- Be in excellent physical and mental health;
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of the IPPIS and relevant accounting packages such as QuickBooks, Peachtree, Oracle, etc; and
- Must have registered and obtained National Identification Number (NIN).
The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail and Telephone numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Post of Bursar” to:
Federal University Dutsin-Ma,
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!