Job Title: Branding / Media and Communications Officer
- The Branding and Communications Officer will drive media engagement, branding and strategic internal and external communication for Skills Outside School Foundation to enhance its visibility, project its impact & work, attract & retain partners and leverage on communications for development.
- S/he will work closely with all the various SOSF teams across our three pillars – interventions, advocacy and data towards establishing and maintaining strategic alliances, generating support for SOSF’s cause amongst stakeholders and partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy Development & Implementation:
- Drive the development and implementation of SOSF Communications Strategy to the key target audience.
- Development and implementation of the departmental budget and annual workplan, including implementation & continuous update of the organization’s content calendar
- Handle strategic external communication planning and implementation including development of brand & marketing collateral, coordination of events, and building & maintaining strategic alliances
- Develop diverse brand material and communication tools for official website, social media (such as newsletters, YouTube, Instagram etc) and other traditional media platforms
Partner and stakeholder relations:
- Prepare communication and fundraising materials, coordinate fundraising drives and onboard and manage partners & stakeholders
- Source and Coordinate SOSF external media engagements and visibility across seminars, conferences and roundtables
- Organize and lead strategic events and activities
- Production of quality and timely content to highlight SOSF achievements across its 3 pillars for stakeholder and partner relations.
External Engagement and Media Relations:
- Prepare the SOSF team for media and public speaking opportunities and act as editor for external communications materials
- Represent SOSF in various communications forums and meetings
- Build and maintain relationships with media contacts and key public sector allies.
Social and Traditional Media Management:
- Manage, maintain and update SOSF social media platforms (website, blog, Youtube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) using creative content and leveraging on effective storytelling
- Conduct continuous research on education, employability, entrepreneurship trends and insights to inform our audience.
- Maintain and coordinate usage of, and manage a media archive and information resource centre eg Pictures, videos, research, reports, etc.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!