Job Title: Bookkeeper / Accountant
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- He/she is consistent, accurate, and minimizing errors are key characteristics that employers are seeking for this position. It is indispensable to have a knowledge of accounting and to understand how to use accounting software systems.
- In larger businesses, a bookkeeper is responsible for overseeing and reconciling hundreds of financial transactions.
- This is typically done with the assistance of various software systems, and for this reason, technology literacy is incredibly valuable for the profession. A few other relevant skills and job duties would include the following:
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions
- Update and maintain the general ledger
- Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system
- Recording of debits and credits
- Maintain the trial balance, by a reconciliation of general ledgers
- Account reconciliation to assert the accuracy of transactions
- Use knowledge of local laws to comply with reporting requirements
- Monitor any variances from the projected budget
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree or at least one year of experience
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Understanding accounting best practices
- Data entry skills
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Professionalism and organization skills
Application Closing Date
23rd January, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!