Job Title: BMS Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Building Management System (BMS) Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and monitoring of the MDXi Lekki Data Center, comprising of Data Center electrical & mechanical components such as CHILLERS, CRAC/CRAH VESDA & FM200, Access Control, CCTV, Water Leakage Detection etc., equipment within and outside Lagos. From a technical support’s standpoint, the resource will work closely with the technical team.
In Addition, the BMS Engineer will be Responsible for the following:
- Knowledge of BMS server, DCIM Server, NVR, CHILLERS, CRAH/CRAC, VESDA & FM200, Access Control, CCTV Systems, HVAC Systems, intrusion detection etc.
- Monitoring and reporting of All Electrical systems (Energy Meters, UPS, PDU, Feeders & Transformers) Reading and Consumption According to daily, weekly and monthly.
- Monitoring and reporting of all mechanical systems (Chillers, CRAH/CRAC, AHU, Access Control, etc.), daily, weekly and monthly.
- Preparation and Submission of Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Reports.
- Troubleshoot and fix day-to-day operational problems pertaining to BMS system.
- Support for Reviews & Audits, Audit tracker updating, and coordination.
- Ensuring that the team is meeting the SLAs with internal clients in all aspects.
- You will support and ensure that all applicable security standards – including the ISO9001, ISO27001 (ISMS), PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) are duly complied with for quality assurance.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- BSc in Electrical and Electronics / Mechanical / Computer Engineering or other relevant disciplines with at least 4-5 years work experience
- Transferable experience and knowledge of structured cabling.
- Good knowledge of ITIL, SQL, Windows server 2012, VMWare
- Understanding of electrical, mechanical and telecommunications principles, transmission, and IP networks etc.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills, multitasking with an ability to interact with a wide range of people and be a good team player and a positive frame of mind and be open to acquiring new skills
Demands of the Job
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under none or minimal supervision.
- This is a shift-based role and the successful candidate may be required to work weekends and on public holidays.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!