Job Title: Automation Tester
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Automation Tester will be tasked with designing and writing test automation scripts, using test automation frameworks, investigating problems in software as a result of testing, and working with QA analysts and software developers to find solutions.
- Designing and writing test automation scripts
- Using test automation frameworks
- Investigating problems in software as a result of testing
- Working with Product Managers, Engineering Managers, Manual Testers, and software developers to find solutions
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation, help files, and other project documentation to assure the quality of the products and tests to be developed; i.e., perform manual static testing.
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation; e.g., data-driven testing.
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites for various Software Cafeteria products; i.e., perform automated dynamic testing.
- Work with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
- Participate in the Deployment meetings to identify the quality implications of known bugs and the impact of proposed changes to product definition on the testing process.
- Work with the DevOps team to create and maintain an automated build verification (“smoke”) test.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
- Research and document bug reports following agreed-upon processes immediately upon discovery of a quality problem.
- Update test execution status following agreed-upon processes as part of regularly scheduled test status updates.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
- Assist the Engineering Manager in the creation of test project status reports and metrics (e.g., Test Dashboard).
- Provide the Engineering Manager/PM with accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
- Assist the Engineering Manager in preparing test plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Participate in tester interviews and mentor Testing team
- Provide technical guidance to junior-level test engineers to assist the Test Automation Engineer.
- At least 2 years experience in Test Automation using Selenium/QTP.
- Programming languages, such as Java, PHP
- Experience in Gherkins, Selenium preferred
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a start-up environment
- Teamwork skills, because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
- Self-development skills to keep updated with fast-changing trends.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Comprehends and follows web security best practices
- Creative and efficient problem solver
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent time management
- Experience working on a 100% remote team is nice to have
- Experience with Springboot microservices is nice to have
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Reliance Health is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on tribe, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, race, or disability.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Gbagada, Lagos