Job Title: Auto Mechanic (Transport Cement Industry)
Ref Id: ObjTranpAutoMech001
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Job Type: Full time
- We are searching for an analytical, enthusiastic Auto Mechanic to help our company resolve issues with vehicle performance and appearance.
- The Auto Mechanic will speak to staff about the performance and history of their vehicles, inspect mechanical and electronic components, diagnose issues, and discuss possible resolutions with staff. You will also maintain shop equipment and generate estimates and timelines for repairs.
- To be a successful Auto Mechanic, you should be focused on providing high quality service to the company as you help them identify, repair, and avert issues that may affect the performance or longevity of their vehicles. You should be thorough, reliable, honest, logical, and motivated.
- Work with manager and other mechanics to diagnose and repair the mechanical and electrical components of vehicles.
- Listening to staff to learn more about vehicle history, potential problems, and the services they would like to receive.
- Performing test drivers, inspections, and other diagnostic tests on vehicles to identify where problems exists and determine which parts need to be repaired or replaced.
- Completing preventive maintenance on vehicles, such as performing oil changes, flushing and replacing fluids, and replacing brakes.
- Repairing damage to the body of the vehicle and washing and painting the vehicle’s exterior.
- Generating timelines and estimates for repairs and discussing options with staff.
- Inspecting internal systems and controls to ensure the vehicle is operating properly and in compliance with state regulations.
- Maintaining accurate records relating to staff, their vehicles, parts, and service history.
- Using workshop equipment as instructed, performing regular maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Engaging in learning opportunities to update job knowledge and technical skills.
Education and Work Experience:
- School Cert. (WASC/SSCE/ Trade test II) + 16 years relevant experience
- School Cert. (WASC/SSCE/ Trade test I) + 8 years relevant experience
- ND or its equivalent in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering and other related fields of study
- Minimum of 5 years working experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good team player
- Good communication skill
- Motivator and innovator of ideas
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!