Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation
Location: Gamboru Ngala, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Field Coordinator
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions.
- The Assistant Technical Officer- M & E will assist in monitoring and evaluating program activities at the assigned field site.
- Primary responsibilities include collecting information on project activities in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Technical Officer, M&E in correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete and timely reporting.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to field site, including collecting data on program activities and assist in the preparation of weekly reports.
- Bring to the knowledge of the Technical Officer questions that need to be solved such as inconsistencies or missing data by the originators of the source data
- Assist in conducting routine monitoring visits to sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools, assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision
- Responsible for data entry of program inputs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant degree with 1 – 3 years relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- A sound understanding of humanitarian assistance programming is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues related to the communities.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa languages. Understanding of Kanuri language is a plus,
- Well-developed computer skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!