Job Title: Assistant Manager, ACMA (Capital Markets)
Reference Number: SHRBLR007
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Provide close support to the Departmental Head in creating and maintaining strong relationships with African governments, financial institutions and corporates as well as offshore investors (bond investors, private equity firms, venture capital companies and corporates) to facilitate development of a strong pipeline of good quality investment banking opportunities in support of the Bank`s mandate;
- Provide technical input in all transactions which will enable African governments, public enterprises, supranational organizations, financial institutions and large corporates to access international bond markets to raise medium to long-term funding which is required to finance investments in trade-facilitating infrastructure, industrial processing plants and trade-related activities across the continent;
- Keep abreast of developments in the global economy and capital markets;
- Execute transactions which will contribute to development of Africa`s capital markets to ensure that they play a pivotal role in channelling portfolio investment flows into the continent especially in support of companies engaged in trade;
- Market debt and equity product offerings to corporate, financial institutions and government clients;
- Execute listing of bond and equity transactions in partnership with internal teams and external partners;
- Daily responsibilities include both leading bond and equity execution as well as marketing, e.g. preparing market updates, conducting due diligence, internal/external project management, and client management through marketing and pricing dynamics;
- Establish a high degree of trust with clients during execution, and grow rapport with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs and being responsive;
- Understand Afreximbank’s approach and policies for managing risks and applicable legal and regulatory rules;
- Proactively share information, knowledge and ideas to promote team success;
- Provide analytical & modelling support, structuring ideas, financing agreement negotiation support, and oversee all aspects of transaction execution;
- Manage underwriters, rating agencies, issuer counsels, accountants, and trustee engagements;
- Prepare rating agency presentations and investor presentations;
- Partner with legal counsels to develop financing documents and transaction prospectus;
- Arrange institutional investor roadshows;
- Implement structures to assist the Bank in mobilizing equity;
- Implement structures to assist various clients to raise funds through securitization structures;
- Adding value to the work done by Associates by enhancing substance to the proposals, reviewing accuracy of factual representations, logical integrity of all calculations in financial models and improving general presentation;
- Participate in negotiations, use negotiation skills to overcome difficulties and finalize negotiations in capital market transactions;
- Manage subordinate staff performance through appropriate performance planning, coaching and performance reviews;
- Assist the unit head in marketing Capital Market services;
- Implement new methodologies to improve all Capital Market services related processes;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to the jobholder by Senior Management.
Nature and Scope
- Capital raising for corporate and government agencies;
- Capital allocation across competing projects;
- Growth strategies including mergers and acquisitions;
- Corporate restructuring including divestitures, privatizations, disposals, and spin offs;
- Company valuations;
- Due diligence reviews;
- Reaching key stakeholders and disseminating information about the Bank;
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in a relevant field from a recognized University backed up by appropriate experience of at least 5 years;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Thorough understanding of capital market drivers and dynamics;
- Understands transaction cycle and demonstrates attention to details during execution;
- Ability to thrive under work pressure and remain focused on client needs;
- Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management teams;
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently and in a team;
- Previous experience in credit and/or financial institution capital markets a plus;
- Demonstrable experience in investment banking and capital market in Africa will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis with a solid understanding of financial statements, financial modeling and company or industry analysis;
- Advanced Excel skills and very strong financial modelling skills required;
- Ability to follow-up independently and consistently and play the critical role as the project manager on most assignments and the primary capital markets contact person;
- Ability to immediately contribute to the team based on past experience and help to transfer best practices and knowledge;
- Self-starting team player who can think strategically and excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, regulators, corporates and governments.
Benefits and Contractual information
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to “Shearidan Rabsch” at: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!