Job Title: Assistant Laboratory Scientist
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with specimens
- Manage and operate laboratory equipment.
- Collect and analyze body fluids, tissue and other substances to determine normal or abnormal findings.
- Evaluate test results and prepare reports for physicians
- Maintain laboratory quality assurance and safety standards
- Identifies and communicates abnormal results by alerting supervisory personnel, the patient physician, or nurse.
- Ensures the patient of receiving compatible blood/blood components by completing blood typing, antibody screening, compatibility testing, and antibody identification procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Microbiology or other related field
- Relevant Master’s Degree and belonging to relevant professional body will give an added advantage
- Minimum of two years hands on experience as a laboratory scientist
- Possess relevant professional qualifications in their chosen field.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite at the minimum
- Patience and dependable
- Accuracy and precision
- Manual and finger dexterity with the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Good hand-eye coordination and good eye sight
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to keep information confidential
- The ability to concentrate for long periods of time
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory procedures and clinical microbiology
- Knowledge of the use and operation of laboratory equipment such as microscopes and cell counters.
N80,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using “Assistant Laboratory Scientist” as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Salary ₦ 80,000 NGN 80,000 Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos