Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Report To: RSM – North Region
Seniority Level: Intermediate Role
Application Timing: Urgently Required
- Develop and provide weekly/monthly sales forecasts for your area, in line with the Annual Business Plan (ABP), to the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and agree on sales and marketing targets for the period with the RSM.
- Allocate weekly/monthly targets to the sales representatives, including overall sales volumes, category mix, product availability, and visibility standards.
- Drive sales in the region through the sales team to ensure that all sales, availability and visibility targets are met.
- Enforce minimum drop volume standards for different categories of customers to eliminate “stock out” situations.
- Conduct extensive market mapping and develop comprehensive route plans, with the SRs, for maximum secondary channel coverage within the assigned region.
- Ensure that sales representatives make a minimum of 25 calls per day in the secondary channel as per agreed route plans. Track actual calls versus calls scheduled and productive calls versus actual calls made. Coach and correct as needed.
- Propose and implement trade promotions and marketing activities and identify channel expansion opportunities.
- Ensure that all trade promotions and marketing activities in your area are aligned to ABP and executed with speed and within budget. Provide feedback on the effectiveness of all such activities to the RSM as per approved reporting format.
- Ensure that all costs incurred are within approved budget. This includes cost of promotions, BTL activities, secondary freight and manpower.
- Monitor and control POS/promotional materials costs through optimum utilization.
- Identify and recruit distributors in your area and ensure healthy ROI for all such primary channel partners by maximizing secondary channel sales in their territories.
- Monitor distributors’ turnover and stocks on a daily and weekly basis to ensure that all our SKUs are available and that the distributors reach their monthly agreed targets.
- Develop and execute action plans in case a distributor falls behind on the monthly target.
- Monitor the distributors’ storage practices and facilities to ensure zero spoilage.
- Develop strong relationships and close collaboration with all distributors in your area to maximize their sales performance and prevent attrition.
- Encourage distributors to invest in delivery infrastructure to drive timely fulfilment of all secondary channel orders.
- Devise and recommend appropriate incentive schemes to assist distributors in developing their delivery infrastructure.
- Any other duties as directed by the RSM/NSM.
Job Requirements, Skills & Attitude
- Minimum educational standard: OND / HND / B.Sc in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing / Accounting.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 3 years experience and above.
- Experience in Sales of Food & Snacks Products will be an added advantage.
- Must live within close proximity or ready to relocate.
- Must be ready to Travel within 100 % & Travel with the country: 50 %.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “ASM Kano” as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!