Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Ref Id: 280764
Site Name: Field Worker – NGA
- Achieve primary and secondary sales targets of assigned distributor or geography through effective channel management and deployment of distributor infrastructure/resources
- Drive excellent 4P execution across channels with the ultimate decision to win the purchase decision at different trade levels.
Achievement of Sales Targets:
- Executes RTM strategies to consistently deliver primary and secondary sales target of assigned territory
- Ensure successful execution of Trade and shopper marketing initiatives and promotions to deliver on set objectives
- Ensure Joint Business Plan (JBP) is in place for the distributor.
- Conduct monthly/quarterly business review to seek alignment and commitment to achievement on targets
Execution of RTM strategies:
- Executes RTM strategies to consistently deliver on medium and long-term priorities of the company
- Ensure distributor has in place adequate infrastructure and resources to deliver agreed coverage for the territory. Propose and map distributor infrastructure and resource requirement that will enable optimum coverage with desired ROI to distributor
- Drive efficiency of Distributor infrastructure and resources to deliver on set productivity KPIs- Productive calls, Strike rate, Order size per call and Lines per call
- Achieve distribution target of key SKUs as well as innovation within timeline
Achievement of visibility and merchandising targets:
- Achieve visibility targets in assigned territory
- Implement merchandising agreements with key customers as set out by Trade and Shopper Marketing team
- Co-ordinate the deployment of visibility materials to achieve desired Look of Success
Competitive Intelligence Tracking and Reporting:
- Report Distributor secondary sales and stock reports as required by the Business Analyst
- Track competition activities, promotions, prices, innovation and report same to the business
- Conduct quarterly Trade margin analysis for major brands within the category and recommend actions to key stakeholders.
Coaching of Distributor and staffs:
- Responsible for training of Distributor and driving compliance to GSK standards and policies- QMS, ABAC, Code of business conduct, CH Code of promotion, Competition law and other relevant policies
- Conduct regular accompaniment with Distributor sales team to coach on GSK ways of selling and identify training needs/requirements.
Live our values:
- Champion full compliance, ABAC, Code of Conduct adherence and a speak up culture in all accounts
- Role model leadership expectations in LOCs by driving Winning Formula, GSK Performance Management System, Metrics delivery and values led behaviour
- Drive external focus including regular field visits across customer, consumer, shopper and expert
- Model GSK values & behaviour’s and compliance with all GSK codes of practice
- Effective coverage of Modern Trade and Key account outlets within coverage area
- External environment – relies very much on what happens outside GSK, external factors affects performance both positively and negatively
- Cross functions – the performance relies very much on other functions within GSK (if any of the functions does not perform the overall performance is affected
- Managing third party reps (Distributor Reps and 3P merchandisers)
- Collaboration with Marketing, Trade Marketing, Finance, Regulatory and Compliance
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years commercial experience in Distributor Management, Field sales and Key Account Management in well-known FMCG or Pharmaceutical companies
- Experience managing Distributors with direct to retail operations
- Must have experience managing wholesalers, large retailers and Key account stores
- Good track record on previous roles.
- Understanding of Nigerian trade landscape, channel, customer and local nuances
- Commercial acumen: Ability to identify, quantify and harness opportunities. Be imaginative in finding solution to issues, anticipating trends and opportunities, and pursuing opportunities for the business
- Must have an execution mindset with ROI mentality. Understand cost to serve analysis and ROI workings
- Good communication and managerial skills: Ability to create focus and clarity for team, with clear communication on on-going activities to provide context
- Time management- Ability to prioritise tasks based on importance & exigencies. Ability to manage self
- People skills: Ability to Coach, develop and support people to perform at their best
- Demonstrate high integrity and build great relationship with internal and external partners.
- Ability to identify risks and plan mitigation steps
- Creativity- Ability to think outside the box.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria