Job Title: Android Developer
About the Role
- Moove is looking for an experienced professional with strong technical acumen and an entrepreneurial attitude to be the Android Developer, reporting to the Engineering Manager. As a proven result-driven person, the Android Developer will be responsible for building, managing, and maintaining applications that support end-to-end operations from driver onboarding & management, fleet management, monitoring operations, and external applications.
- In this role, you will dig deep into the development of Android Applications so as to make the organization more tech compliant, effective, and amazing. If you are innovative, you have some big ideas, and an uncanny knack for application development, this is the role for you!
- We are looking for an Android Developer who will manage all android development projects, and deliverables within our Technology team, and also be a representative and ambassador for the team across the company as well as to external stakeholders. The ideal candidate for the role will be someone who is a tech and android expert, who also has deep knowledge of the technologies needed in the development of android solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Active participation in the whole development process, from initial design up to launching the product.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Responsible for working with backend engineers, product managers, and designers to design, develop and deliver mobile features within regular sprint cycles.
- Translate architecture and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Take care of maintaining feature reliability and better feature response time by bug fixing and refactoring code.
What You Will Need for This Position
- Two years plus experience in native Android development (Kotlin & Java).
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Android Architectural and Design patterns.
- Production experience working on projects with 100% unit test coverage for non-UI logic
- Good understanding of mobile client and web server communication using Retrofit and OkHTTP (Rest API, GraphQL).
- Experience working with Memory management (Data structures, Heap, Stack, GC, etc.), asynchronous & reactive programming (RxJava, RxKotlin, Kotlin Coroutines, and Kotlin Flow).
- Experience with Dependency Injection libraries (Dagger, Hilt).
- Experience collaborating on projects and working efficiently as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies.
Who You’ll Be Working with:
- Directly reporting to our Engineering Manager, and closely working with our Technology Team.
About the Team
- Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make cities better.
- Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community.
- The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
- Moove relies on the accuracy of the information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
- Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
- Moove is a mobility asset finance company and is Uber’s preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratize vehicle ownership and empower mobility entrepreneurs across Africa.
- Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Trust, and Ownership.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!