Job Title: Agronomist
Fuction / Domain: Plant Operations (PO)
Slots: 2 Openings
- To provide specialized crop production and crop protection advise to Fields staff and to champion soil control and management.
- To keep up to date with the latest agronomic practices in crop production.
- The Agronomist will specialize in crop production, soil control and soil management.
- He will find ways to maximize crop production from a given hectare of soil.
- He will perform experiments to determine and then maximize plant nutrients and soil health.
- He will provide guidance and support to Fields staff in areas such as fertilizer and herbicide recommendation.
- He will closely monitor pest populations and suggest courses of action should they become commercially threatening.
Desired Qualification / Preferred Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Master’s Degree in Agriculture. (Specializing in soil science a plus)
- Minimum of 2 years of agronomy work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of soil and crop principles.
- Proficient in MS office.
- Outstanding research and analytical skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!