Job Title: Administrative / Programme Associate
Job ID: 25070
Location: Makurdi, Benue
Hardship Level: U
Family Location Type: Pending
- The Transitioning from Humanitarian Relief to Long-term Development: Addressing the Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict in Nigeria project seeks to contribute to ending the Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict in Benue and Nasarawa States of Nigeria.
- Using the United Nations human security approach, the project is making progress towards enhancing the ability of affected communities to identify and mitigate risks and threats while ensuring that there is no interruption in livelihoods and productive activities; implementing targeted initiatives to promote farming and livestock activities and establish synergies between these industries; establishing a state peace architecture; local peace committees in conflict-affected LGAs to foster dialogue and non-violent resolution of disputes, reconciliation, co-existence and social cohesion; and mobilizing national and regional efforts in the promotion of human security at national and sub-regional levels.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment:
- The incumbent will be directly supervised by the Area Coordinator of the Field Unit in Makurdi. He/she may receive necessary guidance from other sections and units relevant to the project.
- S/he is expected to stay abreast of the challenges posed to the region by the political context, the UN and humanitarian reform and institutional developments.
The incumbent shall carry out the responsibilities below:
- Assist in negotiating agreements with implementing partners and ensure that IP agreements are established in conformity with UNHCR¿s financial rules and the latest Headquarters instructions.
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyze programme performance, trends and target interventions.
- Review the implementation and performance of IPs agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the project by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures; undertake field visits as required.
- Use UNHCRs corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness of the project and generate data for evidence-based decisions on the project.
- Assist in keeping donor representatives briefed on developments and assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
- Directly supervise the Driver and coordinate Admin issues, with approval from the Area Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Monitoring and Progress Controls:
- Maintain records of all payments and prepare periodic records for all financial/grant related activities.
- Ensure that timely administrative support is provided in general within the project.
- Manage asset, including provision and analysis of detailed cost estimates and purchasing.
- Facilitate Project Partners Agreements (PPA).
- Monitor Partner progress and compliance to PPA.
- Make timely reports of Admin/Programme issues to the Area Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience
Education (Level and area of required and/or preferred education):
- Completion of secondary education with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
Work Experience (List number of years and area of required work experience. Clearly distinguish between required experience and experience which could be an asset.):
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Field Experience.
- Computer skills (in MS office).
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of IDP law.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR’s programmes.
- UNHCR Protection Learning Programme.
- UNHCR Operations Management Learning Programme.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of at least one local language in Benue.
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing.
- Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
- Knowledge of local Language is a highly recommended.
- A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
- Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Duration of Appointment:
- From 01/03/2021 to 31/12/21.
Application Closing Date
11:59 pm; 24th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility:
- Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
- Applicants must be nationals of, and be locally recruited within the country of their employment.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Makurdi, Benue