Job Title: Administrative / Finance Officer
Project: ICHSSA Lot 1
Department: Finance /Administration
Reports to: State Program Manager
Secondary Reporting Line: Finance Manager
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
- The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
- The administration / Finance officer will ensure a smooth day-to-day office management including general office cleanliness, arrangement and organization will ensure keeping office records; act as initial point of contact by responding to enquiries and request or directing as appropriate to those who are in need of assistance.
- S/He will ensure a safe and efficient operation of the vehicle fleet. Ensure updates and publishing of drivers’ monthly schedules and trip plans throughout the year.
- S/he will assist when needed in the preparation of car/travel routes. Conduct basic trouble shooting of all internet and computer related problems.
- An administration/ Finance officer also manages the store, receive and document all procured items and maintain distribution and utilization records.
- The Admin/ finance Officer is responsible for managing the region or assigned accounts and Operation
- Process payments to Staff, Vendors and other partners
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded into Quick books accounting software.
- Ensure advances are liquidated on timely manner and they are within allotted liquidation timeframe as per CCCRN policy.
- Reconcile all bank account monthly against bank statement and submit to the Finance Manager.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- The Admin/ Finance Officer will be responsible for the set up and regular running of the operational base.
- H/She manages the operational teams (logistics, warehousing, office assistants and drivers).
- He liaises with the third-party facility managers to ensure adequate, security, cleaning and maintenance of the office infrastructures.
- He coordinates administrative, HR, and program support activities at the operational base and ensure proper set up / rehabilitation / running of office premises.
- Ensures that CCCRN Log procedures and respective donor regulations applicable to projects is adhered to.
- Ensures the proper functioning of supply chain including office consumables procurement planning and forecast, receives purchased goods and services and ensures their transportation and adequate storage,
- Coordinate maintenance of the fleet, evaluates vehicle log books and ensures the proper use of CCCRN equipment
- Assesses and ensures the functioning of the internet access and communication facilities and log complaints to the IT support staff where necessary.
- Responsible for management of training venues and coordination of participants’ logistics.
- Review activity requests and prepare bank vouchers for payments.
- Enter payments and retirements into financial accounting QuickBooks accounting software.
- Assist technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly State budgets.
- Prepare monthly bank Reconciliation statements
- Ensure that Petty Cash operations complies with the Petty Cash Policy Reviewing and processing vendor invoices at the state.
- Ensure that all statutory deductions such as WHT Tax, are promptly remitted to the relevant statutory authorities on a monthly basis.
- Track all staff aging report and review all approved retirements for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain the assets register.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate filling of all the financial documents and vouchers generated within finance department.
- Other Duties assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- HND / B.Sc in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: Drivers
- Internal: All program Staff
- External: Vendors, Third party facility Managers.
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship, Cultivates Constructive Relationships and Promotes Learning
- To Project Field Locations.
- CCCRN is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.
Application Closing Date
12am, Tuesday, 31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to click on the link below, complete the form and submit their CV / Resume and Cover Letter.
Click here to apply online
Note: CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!