Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Support effective and efficient administrative systems relating to the efficient operations of the Embassy.
- Carry out a range of administrative tasks, such as filing, maintaining accurate records and scheduling meetings, as required
- Assist the Senior Management Team in a number of areas, and contributing towards maintaining a safe, secure and efficient working environment at the Embassy.
- Review and report on operational budgets and expenditure, ensuring value for money and compliance with appropriate procedures and regulations. Take responsibility for procurement matters, including tendering and reviewing contracts where appropriate.
- Help to ensure adherence to health and security protocols and the upkeep of Embassy vehicles, and oversee the maintenance of the Embassy premises, undertaking improvements and repairs as necessary.
- Provide support on official travel/inward visits and events, including arranging travel and accommodation, scheduling meetings and events, organizing logistics, invitations etc.
- Liaise with various local staff members, including drivers and maintenance staff, in addressing health, safety, HR and other concerns.
- Assist the Senior Management team as a project liaison for the construction of a new Irish Embassy and Chancery in Abuja, including coordination with local advisers, monitoring the building process, engaging with government and relevant planning authorities, and liaising with EU and other diplomatic missions.
- Assist in the management of Embassy-administered grant programmes, and providing support for other activities included in the Embassy Business Plan, as requested.
- Participate constructively in performance review processes and identify own training requirements as they relate to administrative work at the Embassy.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to take on additional responsibilities that may be assigned by the Senior Management Team from time to time.
Required skills and experience
- At least two years of previous administrative work experience
- Computer skills – must be proficient in Word, Excel, and e-mail and internet
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of integrity and strong ethic of customer service
- Police clearance and legal entitlement to live and work in Nigeria prior to recruitment.
- Experience of working for an Embassy, international organization, financial institution, think tank or similar.
Terms and Conditions
- Working hours: full time, or 37 hours per week.
- Overtime: as appropriate for the job level
- Remuneration: NGN 615,350.00 gross salary per month
- Benefits: Medical insurance, 13th month salary, pension
- Primary work location: Embassy of Ireland, Abuja
- Start date: Mid-March 2021. There is a 6-month probation period, after which performance is reviewed and a fixed term contract may be offered.
Application Closing Date
17:00 22nd February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] the application should contain the following:
- A letter of application in English (1 page max) outlining your suitability for the position and interest in working with the Embassy of Ireland;
- A CV/Résumé (2 pages max);
- Details of two nominated referees with contact details and if available, copies of professional references
- Copies of any relevant academic, professional and language qualifications.
- No applications will be accepted after this deadline. Application emails must have the subject line: “Administrative Assistant Application (your full name)”. Example “Administrative Assistant Application John Smith”. Applications without the advised subject line may not be considered.
- Data Protection: All personal information received will be kept in line with GDPR and Data Protection guidelines.
- Security Clearance for Local Staff: Police vetting will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment. Enquiries may also be made with the police force of any country in which the applicant under consideration for appointment resided. If unsuccessful, this information will be destroyed. If the applicant subsequently comes under consideration for another position, they will be required to supply this information again.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!