Administrative and Liaison Officer
Reference No.: IITA – HR – NRS2020 – 012
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (11 months contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Develop and maintain plans to support the project including analyses of task, schedules, and resources needed;
- Assist the Project Coordinator to ensure activities are completed on time within budget and meet the quality standard;
- Schedule and plan project meetings;
- Liaise with Finance Office to prepare, review and edit project financial reports;
- Liaise and follow up with project stakeholders;
- Facilitate the implementation of project activities in the project area and participate in the monitoring of progress made towards achieving project set goals and outputs in collaboration with the M&E Unit;
- Ensure that technical and financial project reports are prepared and submitted to the Project Coordinator;
- Document lessons learned and best practices on the project development, implementation, and oversight activities;
- Proactively take responsibility to ensure the safety of humans and property at all times;
- Support in data generation of project administration related information and work with the Communication Unit to produce communication and PR products for the project;
- Make travel arrangements for the project team and any other project partners/visitors;
- Organize and maintain the office filing system (manual and electronic) including backup, archiving, and storage;
- Keep an inventory of the project equipment and supplies;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Project and Business Administration, Social Sciences, Agricultural Sciences or related fields with minimum of five (5) years’ experience in project management, administrative assistance and stakeholder engagement with a well-structured structure organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
- Experience as a virtual assistant and ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills, being results-oriented.
- Professional level of verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently with little to no supervision.
- Fluency or professional proficiency in both English and French (Part of the interview will be conducted in French), also knowledge of Yoruba and/or Hausa is an added advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
5th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!