Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Assistant
Job ID: 200004O2
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Permanent
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people.
- To provide professional general facilities support, including Maintenance of all equipment, document/information management, liaise with landlords on all SC rented properties, processing of monthly utility bills and DSTV etc. The jobholder will also from time to time, be delegated other support duties including, but not limited to providing administrative support to programme teams based in Maiduguri.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Administration Officer
- Staff directly reporting to this post: Office Assistants
Key Areas of Accountabilities
You are to Provide administrative back-up to the team including but not limited to the following:
- Ensure premises are fit for purpose and suitable equipped, tidy and professional appearance is maintained.
- Maintain general office equipment tracker: regularly evaluate equipment.
- Under the supervision of Line Manager, ensure routine facility maintenance are arranged and the work is done
- Liaise with landlords on all SC rented properties under the supervision of Line Manager.
- Under the supervision of the Administration Officer, oversee the maintenance of the residence/office premises, facilities assets and equipment (physical work environment) and ensure that these are secure and efficiently utilized.
- Assist in the management of the office and guest houses premises
- Co-ordinate office equipment/supplies by ensuring that all the equipment in the office are working and reporting any malfunctions/repairs/changes to be made.
- Ensure the office is secured and extra keys to each office are kept securely in the key safe
- Ensure staff have access to the office if they are to work on the weekend after the necessary approval is obtained by the staff
- Carry out the filing of relevant materials and documents
- Disseminate formal communications to staff as directed by Line Manager
- Process monthly utility bills.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Line Manager
Management of Office facilities:
- Ensure the Borno Office is well equipped, has sufficient levels of supplies ( consumables, stationery & equipment etc)
- Oversee the maintenance of Borno Office premises and guest houses, furniture & fittings and all equipment in a fully functioning state.
- Ensure compliance with Save the Children Quality Standards, Global policies and Guidelines.
- Take minutes of the weekly staff meeting as directed by Line Manager.
- Support program staff during workshops and events (local, internal and external – e.g. meetings with other teams, partners training and staff training)
- Provide support to the Humanitarian Team Leader including diary and inbox management, arranging meetings, dealing with enquiries as requested
- Support the coordination of other departments and Humanitarian programme
- The post holder may carry out other duties in addition to, or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time, in order to assist HR & Admin department by providing cover when any of the colleagues are on leave or because of an increased level of Field Office activities.
- Process travel requests
- Manages the Admin Department’s Petty cash
- Provide cover on general admin when any Administration Assistant is away
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Note: your line manager must be copied on all official communication
- Internal: Regular liaison with various teams in Abuja and other state offices
- External: Contact with landlords, vendors, visitors, hotels, airlines/travel agents etc
Competencies and Behaviours
Delivering Results (Skilled):
- Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
- Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
- Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
- Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectives
Innovating and Adapting (Skilled):
- Suggests creative improvements and better ways of working
- Seeks out and applies successful ideas from others to overcome challenges
- Shifts tasks, roles and priorities to perform effectively under changing or unclear conditions
- Applies lessons learned to enhance future ways of working
Applying Technical & Professional Expertise (Skilled):
- Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
- Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
- Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively With Others (Skilled):
- Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
- Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
- Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
- Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximise impact
Communicating With Impact (Skilled):
- Actively listens and seeks to understand before being understood
- Ensures communications are concise and well-structured
- Shares appropriate relevant and timely information with others
- Prepares effectively for meetings
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – Diploma / B.Sc in relevant field
- Must have completed NYSC
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven administrative skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Ability to manage time and diary
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal communication; fluent in English
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to both support colleagues and request support as and when required
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, vision and values
- Experience of working in challenging, insecure areas and willingness to work and live in a rural environment.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Word, Excel.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!