Job Title: Accounting / Audit Personnel
About the job
- As an Accountant in the Fybomide Travel/Access team, you will partner with cross-functional stakeholders to support and directly contribute to Fybomide Travel’s growth by providing financial accounting support across the growing portfolio of products and initiatives. You will be empowered to drive efficiency improvements in our month end close and reporting processes.
- You will be involved in many different accounting aspects of Fybomide Travel, reviewing, posting, and analyzing journal entries; solving system and process gaps; and playing an integral role in the monthly close process, providing insights to the Fybomide Travel Controller. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports.
- Everyday is a new challenge, and you will continually look for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you will collaborate with our national team, advocate best practices and be ready to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck.
- Prepare and present financial information related to month-end close as well as any ad hoc requests from FP&A and the business.
- Partner with Supply Chain and Finance teams to understand industry, product, and business related trends, articulate risks and implement approved solutions.
- Identify, create, and measure process improvements that automate manual steps, consolidate bespoke processes, and scale with growth.
- Influence executives and stakeholders to close gaps in control frameworks and develop scalable solutions. Document processes, ensure performance of key controls, and obtain/provide support as necessary.
- Participate in system design and testing when applicable.
- Create solutions related to areas of risk and document risk mitigation plans.
- Collaborate with technical accounting to ensure we are appropriately accounting for new initiatives in the Fiber business and help document the related accounting memos and policies.
- Identify financial, operational, compliance, and reputational risks through assurance, consulting, and solutions management activity; improving the effectiveness of Fybomide’s governance, risk management, and internal control activities.
- Lead ad hoc analyses of financial and IT data to assist other areas of the audit function; develop repeatable methods to ensure a consistent result and help develop an internal knowledge base.
- Design and execute cross-functional audit programs, operational process reviews, and review of system implementations, applications and other IT-related risk areas across Sunavit and Fybomide Travel.
- Prepare audit reports to document audit scope, procedures, findings and recommendations; interpret the significance of audit findings, conclude on findings and make practical recommendations for remediation.
- Drive process re-engineering efforts by challenging the status quo of current processes to identify financial or operational risks before launch and recommending improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant workexperience in Accounting, Finance or other related role.
- Experience working in cross-functional environments and leading projects from end to end.
- Database experience including proficiency in SQL coding across standard commercial databases (e.g., SAP, MySQL etc.).
- Telco industry/ Travel agency or construction planning experience in an operational accounting role.
- Experience in driving process improvement and other project management experience.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
- Giving programs
Application Closing Date
Mode Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!