Job Title: Accounting Associate
Location: Lagos, NG
Job Type: Full-Time
About the Accounting Associate position
- As an Accounting Associate, you will be responsible for all tactical and operational duties of the accounting function.
- This includes the preparation of accounting schedules, management reporting, statutory reporting, and internal and external stakeholder management. You will report to the Group Accounting Manager.
Accounting Associate responsibilities are:
- Maintain proper accounting records
- Prepare journal entries and post transactions
- Prepare monthly financial statements and bank reconciliations report in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and relevant accounting concepts and principles
- Support the Accounting Manager in budget preparation, annual reports, audits, etc
- Review and confirm the correct tax computation and remittance and engagement of stakeholders for tax receipts
- Manage and report on petty cash and operational expenses within limits set by Group Accounting Manager and Chief Operating Officer
- Month-end closing activities like generating reports, cut off activities on specific workdays (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Application of the principles of the accounting manuals and update to the manuals subject to the approval of the Finance Manager
- Development and update of Accounting SOPs
- Engagement of internal stakeholders as required to fulfill responsibilities
- Assist in the development and reporting of key performance metrics to help drive business productivity
- Ensure timely preparation and transmission of regulatory filings and other external reports
- Preparation of standard management reports and any other reports as may be required by management from time to time
- Any other responsibilities may be assigned by the Accounting Manager to fulfill the typical roles of the accounting function.
Accounting Associate requirements are:
- BSC in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- 2-3 years working as an Accountant or Auditor
- Professional certification or Part Qualification – (Professional level of ACA, ACCA is an added advantage)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Good knowledge of Accounting Software (Sage, Quickbooks, Microsoft Dynamics, etc)
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate report writing skills
- Basic presentation skills
Competitive, based on experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal opportunity: The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of gender, race or disability status.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Address Lagos