Job Title: Accountant
Location: Benin City, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate will be involved with preparing financial reports and statements, bank reconciliations, and conducting cyclical audits.
- Moreover, the candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and possess a strong business acumen
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of the annual budget process, including gathering of budget assumptions, facilitating budget meetings, as well as analyzing and compiling budget material
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual bank reconciliations statements
- Prepare monthly payroll report
- Prepare financial reports and analysis related to the farms operations
- Assist with the analysis of monthly financial reports and report on variances
- Maintains and updates fixed asset register
- Prepare and maintain daily records of sales, expenses, and egg stock
- Maintain customer ledgers and prepare monthly customers receivable age reports
- Prepare and maintain monthly and year-end general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare financial statements extracts which includes cashflow statement, income statement and Statement of financial position
- Adequate bookkeeping and records of transactions and accounts
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly stock count of eggs, livestock, and other products
- Record and keep track of feed consumption level and maintain an appropriate reorder process to avoid stock out of feed.
- Maintain record of payments and keep track of all payments from customers
- Ensure the accuracy and security of farm records, Bank files and financial documents.
- Preparing tax returns (Shop Levies, PAYE and Companies Income Tax) and ensuring that taxes are paid properly and on time.
- Evaluate financial operations to recommend best practices, identify issues and recommend strategize solutions to improve efficiency
- Provide recommendations on cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and profit maximization
- Receive orders from customers and respond to customers enquires to facilitate sales
Qualifications and Skills Required
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years post NYSC Financial accounting experience
- Previous farm accountant experience (added advantage)
- Proficient use of Microsoft excel, word, google drive
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Only apply if you are resident in Benin City or willing to relocate (There are no relocation allowance).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!