Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Accountant is responsible for preparing and checking invoices, requisitions, and other documents for processing encodes and obtains approval where. Necessary.
- Provide detailed qualitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of business while ensuring we are compliant with all tax regulations.
- Compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements.
- Preparing accounts and tax returns
- Administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- Auditing financial information
- Analyzing accounts and business plans
- Providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- Financial forecasting and risk analysis
- Dealing with insolvency cases
- Verify amounts and codes on various forms for accuracy.
- Balance entries and makes necessary corrections.
- Verify statement items and total with departmental records.
- Prepare asset liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Controlling the income and expenditure of clients and company.
- Creation and presentation of reports, business plans and financial statement.
- Answer inquiries regarding work being performed.
- Prepares forms for encodes materials for data input.
- Prepares and check invoices, requisitions and other documents for processing encodes and obtains necessary approvals.
- Handle monthly quarterly and annual closings.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Generating financial reports that display the companyâ€™s profits, equity and cash flow.
- Examining expenses submitted by employees
- Keeping an eye on incoming payments from accounts receivable and outgoing payments from accounts payable
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Maintain an outstanding balance report
- Generate Daily closing balance report
- Provides financial information to management.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- Minimum of a B.Sc / HND in any course, with either NYSC Certificate or Exception
- Applicant should have 2 – 10 years work experience.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team, handle various projects at one time, lead others, delegate
- Ability to follow-up and make accurate decisions
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude at all times
- Ability to keep an open and objective view and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to listen empathetically and be respectful at all times
- Ability to communicates assertively
- Ability to maintain composure and stay focused.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have knowledge of various GDS and IATA
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office. Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments / updating calendars is a must.
- Organization and attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Time management
- Systems analysis
- Mathematical and deductive reasoning
- Critical thinking
- Active learning
- Clerical knowledge
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Application Closing Date
17th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!