We are a private Micro-consumer finance company based in Port Harcourt; we provide short-term loans to the economically active urban low-income earning customers who are short on cash between paychecks.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- An Account Officer who will supervise the financial book-keeping and records of the company. She will be responsible for recording transactions, payments and expenses, processing invoices, Auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns.
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Prepare budget forecasts.
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closing
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Compute payment schedules.
- Maintain knowledge of tax code changes, and of accounting procedures and theory to properly evaluate financial information.
- Check tax forms to verify that names and taxpayer identification numbers are correct, that computations have been performed correctly, or that amounts match those on supporting documentation.
- Notify taxpayers of any overpayment or underpayment, and either issue a refund or request further payment.
- Answer questions from taxpayers and assist them in completing tax forms. Maintain records for each case, including contacts, telephone numbers, and actions taken.
- Process individual and corporate income tax returns, and sales and excise tax returns.
- Handle any other task as assigned by Director.
General and Behavioural Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years post NYSC experience with at least two years experience as an Account Officer.
- The ideal candidate must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suites such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft word
- The ideal candidate must exhibit excellent data entry skills
- The ideal candidate must be fluent in both writing and spoken English
- The ideal candidate must illustrate excellent office management, report writing and organizational skills.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work under pressure
- Gender: Female
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] Applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
Note: The cover letter should among other things describe your fit and suitability for this role.`
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!