Job Title: Account Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Restaurant and Bar
- The successful candidate will be responsibility for maintaining day to day accounting, bank reconciliation, fixed asset register and administrative services in order to meet organizational and statutory requirements.
- Management Accounting
- Ensure accurate, functional and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems that all relevant records are maintained.
- Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger
- Transactions posting. Determines dates for invoices to be paid and keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system.
- Tracks the approvals of transactions posted
- Process all petty cash, cash advances, purchase orders, claimable expenses and payroll income
- Monitors and ensure that approved transactions are posted into the various accounts within the specified period.
- On daily and weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and special cheque request with line Manager, prints approved checks, prepare and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
- Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices “Paid” and files in permanent records.
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests.
- Maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices.
- Review, proofread, and verify forms, invoices, requisitions, reimbursements and financial documents as necessary for accuracy in calculation and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, maintaining cash controls and maintaining accounts payable.
- Assist in the preparation of annual accounts and project financial deliverables
- Processes account payable, receivable invoices and payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process all payments through cash-flow and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
- Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
- Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Creates a journal entry in cash management and reconciles the bank deposit to the accounts receivable sub-ledger
- Investigate differences with the bank statement and company’s journals and ledgers; and reconcile any discrepancies or inaccuracies.
- Sub-divisional Reports- Review the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, exception, biannually and annually reports/presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- A good University First Degree is required; preferably in Accounting.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years working as in an Accounting personnel capacity.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.
- Good organizational and multitasking skills.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
- Must possess working knowledge of regulatory bodies’ taxes and general business financial conditions.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Effective time management skills
- Good team spirit skills
- Microsoft Office Proficiency.
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2021.
How to Apply Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Account Officer” as the subject of the email.
Need more jobs like this?
Get access to High-paying jobs near you. Remember information is power!
- Salary Offer N70,000